Samsung phone no longer recognized

Hello,

When I plug in my phone, nothing happens. The phone is not detected at all and nothing happens on the phone either, it charges that's it. Previously (at least a few months ago) I would plug it in, same cable as now, and I see in my desktop "Samsung Galaxy", then I would double click, get a notification on my phone asking if I want to allow, and when I allow, I can access all the files. Now I plug in and nothing happens. I changed nothing, must be some update maybe that broke the system? How can I fix it?

I have "Android File Transfer" and when I open it, it says no MTP device found. I read other threads and have tried to restart while the device is plugged in, but same result.

I am using Thunar. The options mount when hot plugged / mount when inserted are checked.
My phone is Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) and using Android 8.0

System:
Kernel: 4.19.97-1-MANJARO x86_64
bits: 64
compiler: gcc v: 9.2.0
Desktop: Xfce 4.14.2
tk: Gtk 3.24.13
info: xfce4-panel
wm: xfwm4
dm: LightDM 1.30.0

Hi have you checked the phone to see if it's set for "File transfer"?
The default is "No data transfer" on my Samsung.

yes i switched it on but nothing. i also accessed developer options and switched on "usb debugging" also checked that usb mode was set on MTP and i restarted both laptop and phone, still nothing :confused:

ok was the cable! i tried with a different one and it worked

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by