I am pleased to announce the release of SbK Cinnamon 20.0.3. IMHO one of the nicest SbK releases to date.
A lot of infrastructure work went on between the Mate-Compiz release this one. The repository was moved to Tuxfamily.org, but nothing needs to be changed by the end user. A small website site.spinsbykilz.com was created and will be expanded on in the future. OSDN will still be the main site for iso releases.
All versions of this release include
- The 5.4.43 linux kernel which is a LTS kernel.
- A basic Conky with a Green color theme to match the other themes.
- A new Green icon theme, with light and dark varients.
- The new KvSpinDarkGreen kvantum theme and matching gtk theme.
- There is a new grub and matching lightdm theme that matches the desktop wallpaper/theme. Users of older SbK Lxqt installs can use the new themes, search for "sbk 200" without quotes to find the new lightdm and grub theme (dont use the live one).
- The background for the desktop, grub, and login screen are all the same.
- A ton of package updates since the 19.0 release. The release is up to date as of 6/10/2020.
They also contain the standard SbK features.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible.
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- The repository points to the new project url of spinsbykilz.com
As always comments and suggestions are welcome, please leave them below.