I am pleased to announce the SbK Gnome 19.0 release.
This one was fun. I already had the icon theme done before starting. I hope you like it.
This release includes
- The 5.4.31 Linux kernel which is a LTS kernel.
- The following Gnome shell extensions are installed:
Dash to Dock
Arch update (Pamac update notifier)
Dynamic Top bar
Hide Top bar
Remove dropdown arrows
Desktop Icons (Not enabled, its buggy. Enabling the trash icon stops the icons showing. Launchers only use the generic icon. I included it because its small and the functionality may be needed by someone willing to deal with the bugs.)
Gno Menu (Not enabled as its not used, but included with the install)
- A new Peach icon theme.
- Both the full and minimal versions have a new dark gtk and shell theme with peach highlights. There is a matching kvantum theme if you want to run any qt apps.
- I added 12 new desktop wallpapers to /usr/share/backgrounds/usplash/Peach. One of them is the background for the grub, desktop, and login screen backgrounds.
- Lighter-gnome at the suggestion of Chrysostomus, to speed up Gnome.
- LightDM instead of GDM.
It also contains the standard SbK features.
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
As always questions, suggestions, and comments are welcome, just leave them below.