I am pleased to announce the release of SbK Gnome 20.0.3.
This one is the last of the 20.0.3 series, but defiantly not least. Though if Deepin 20 is released that might change.
I uploaded updated iso's thanks to Ste74's feedback below.
This release includes
- The 5.4.44 Linux kernel which is a LTS kernel.
- The following Gnome shell extensions are installed:
Dash to Dock
Dynamic Top bar
Hide Top bar (The top bar is hiddin by default. Moving the cursor to the top edge will show it.)
Remove dropdown arrows
Desktop Icons ng (It is enabled. But end users wil have to manually set the permission for launchers to be executable. Until then they will have the generic launcher icon and will only open as a text file.)
- Minimize and Maximixe window controls.
- A new orange icon theme.
- Both the full and minimal versions have a new dark gtk and shell theme with orange highlights. There is a matching kvantum theme if you want to run any qt apps.
- I added 9 new desktop wallpapers to /usr/share/backgrounds/usplash/Butterfly. One of them is the background for the grub, desktop, and login screen backgrounds.
- LightDM instead of GDM with lightlocker screen locking.
- Up to date as of 6/20/2020.
The iso's also contain the standard SbK features.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible.
- Multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- The repository points to the new project url of repo.spinsbykilz.com
- A basic Conky.
As always comments and suggestions are welcome, please post them below.