I am pleased to announce the release of SbK KDE 20.0.1 .
This is basically a refresh of the SbK KDE build that was last built for the 18.1.5 release. The install iso's were getting real long in the tooth. But it does have a couple of improvements.
Both versions of this release include
- The 5.4.38 linux kernel which is a LTS kernel.
- There is a new grub and matching sddm theme that matches the desktop wallpaper.
- There have been a ton of package updates since the 18.1.5 release. The release is up to date as of 6/13/2020.
They also contain the standard SbK features.
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
As always questions, suggestions, and comments are welcome, just leave them below.