SbK Lxqt 20.0-2

I am pleased to announce the release of SbK Lxqt 20.0-2.

SbK Lxqt 20.0

SbK Lxqt 20.0-1

After the release of SbK 20.0 an update caused problems with the composite effects. Compton was replaced with Picom. Compton-config, the gui settings app for Compton, does not work with Picom, the config file it makes breaks Picom.
I redid the iso's for 20.0 and made 20.0-2. Users who have installed 20.0 do not have to reinstall. Simply delete /home/"username"/.config/compton.conf and replace it with this picom.conf. Since Compton-conf cant be used remove compton-conf to avoid using it and breaking compisite effects with,
pacman -R compton-conf

I am uploaded a second fixed iso because of another update, this time to the calamares installer.
A full and very minimal iso of 20.0-2 can be found here.

Both versions of this release include

1. The 5.4.38 linux kernel which is a LTS kernel.
  2. A basic Conky with a Lavender color theme to match the other themes.
  3. A new Lavender icon theme, with light and dark variants.
  4. The new KvSpinDarkLavender kvantum theme and matching gtk theme.
  5. There is a new grub and matching lightdm theme that matches the desktop wallpaper/theme. Users of older SbK Lxqt installs can use the new themes, search for "sbk 200" without quotes to find the new lightdm and grub theme (dont use the live one).
  6. I added 12 new desktop wallpapers from usplash.com. They can be found in /usr/share/backgrounds/usplash/Lavender. One of them is the new background for the desktop, grub, and login screen.
  7. A ton of package updates since the 19.0 release. The release is up to date as of 5/9/2020.
  8. Lxqt version .15. I did not include the lxqt-archiver as it is still buggy, it has problems with .xz files. Ark was used instead.

They also contain the standard SbK features.

1. It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
  2. The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
  3. Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
  4. Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
  5. Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.

As always questions, suggestions, and comments are welcome, just leave them below.

Jim

1 Like

what a beautiful theming! - I like the magenta flower and the magenta theme :slight_smile:

Thanks, I guess I am on a plant theme lately and when I found the flower background I made a theme to match it. I had it all ready, and then found out Lxqt .15 was about to be released so I had to wait a bit.

1 Like

After the last update Compton and compton-conf the gui app for adjusting composite is broken in in the 20.0 release. Its config file breaks composite rendering. As a work around delete /home/"username"/.config/compton.conf and replace it with this picom.conf. Sadly compton settings cant be used as it will break composite rendering, but the picom.conf can easily be edited manually. Then remove compton-conf to avoid using it and breaking compisite effects. pacman -R compton-conf

An updated 20.0-1 iso will be released shortly. Users who have installed 20.0 do not have to reinstall, just follow the instructions above.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by