Screen dim after moving from windows

--Since shifting from windows to manjaro, I have a problem with screen dimness. The solution to this is covered in manjaro wiki>hardware>screen brightness too dim.The one line command solution is
sudo sed "s/(GRUB CMDLINE LINUX=)""/\1"acpi osi=Linux acpi backlight=vendor"/"/etc/default/grub -i
This brings up
sed -e expression #1, char 70: unknown option to 's'
How do i get past this ?
Is there a simpler command line that achieves the same thing ?
Total noob here , so plz keep it simple.
Thank you

Tips for posting

Use a "keyword search" to make sure your question has not already been asked. For example "failed to verify key" or "sound is muted".

Make sure you include enough detail so people know what you are running. A useful command is inxi -Fxz; copy and paste the text and format as "code" (e.g. use the </> button above).

If possible, paste text rather than upload a photo. Text is easier to read, searchable, and takes up less space on the server. Please don't upload high-resolution photos.

For more information read this post: How to provide good information in your posts

Remember to remove all of this help text before you post.

I'm not as good as others to sed commands, so i propose to edit the file the old fashion way, and since you are on XFCE, would make use of mousepad:
sudo mousepad /etc/default/grub
Enter the password, hit Enter and it will open the file.
Careful, you are now editing it as root.
Add to the line
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=vendor"
to the rest of what you already have there. If unsure, post that line here so we can do a proper edit.
Remember, all those have to be between " "
Save the file and run from terminal:
sudo update-grub
Reboot and all should be good.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by