Screen turns blank after sleep/lock

I just installed manjaro 19.0.2 (version might not be accurate but 19v) xfce . Whenever I close lid or lock screen , screen gets blank nothing works . No keystrokes, mouse nothing .
Please can someone solve this issue .

GPU :- nvidia GeForce 150mx
CPU :- i5-8250u.
RAM :- 8gb.
Model :- lenovo IdeaPad 320.

Closing a laptop lid normally causes the laptop to sleep, so the screen will go blank and it will stop responding to input - that's kind of the point.

If you don't want it to sleep when you close the lid then you can alter your DE's power settings, e.g.:

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

Does Ctrl+Alt+F2 still show something when that happens?

Please also read this:

and post some more information so we can see what's really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies...

:innocent:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you're using, which CPU/GPU you have, without you having to repeat it in every single question you ask...

That's not the problem screen gets totally blank and nothing works. I went through many threads for issues similar to those but can't find any solution .
But Thanks for the reply :slightly_smiling_face:

I tried Ctrl+alt+f2 but nothing works I tried other keys as well. But screen gets blank usually while sleep or lock screen should get totally off but it seems that screen only getting black .

1. Please read this again:

and post some more information so we can see what's really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies...

1. Enter a bit more details in your profile, so we can also see which Desktop Environment you're using, which CPU/GPU you have, ...

2. Did you change the "When Laptop lid is closed" do "Do nothing" as per Jonathon's request? If yes: does it still go black when you close? If not: does it still go black when you lock?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by