[Security Update] Firefox 69.0

Jonathon one love :wink:

Oh, the irony, Arch behind Manjaro on security updates :rofl:

5 Likes

It's a shame you are not on the Manjaro IRC channel to answer the Arch trolls there.

This hasn't been announced as a security update by Mozilla yet, and there are plenty of packages in stable which have... issues.

I am having an issue with youtube, since I updated all thumbnails in youtube appear just blank

Check your extensions.

No issue now, they haven't released the release notes yet, what's new in this version of firefox?

Why was the normal process bypassed?

Because the last stable update is quite a while in the past (for a rolling release distro) and there are still a few issues on testing that have to be ruled out until the next stable update can be released (at least that's my guess). In order to avoid longer waiting times for popular packages, manjaro overlays them. This is also used for security updates. You can find the packages in question here: https://gitlab.manjaro.org/security-overlay. These will usually be overlayed until the upstream archlinux packages hit stable.

1 Like

My firefox installation broke :cry:

###!!! [Parent][MessageChannel] Error: (msgtype=0x36004C,name=PContent::Msg_LoadProcessScript) Channel error: cannot send/recv
[Parent 30962, Gecko_IOThread] WARNING: pipe error (158): Connection reset by peer: file /build/src/firefox-69.0/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_channel_posix.cc, line 358
[Parent 30962, Gecko_IOThread] WARNING: pipe error (155): Connection reset by peer: file /build/src/firefox-69.0/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_channel_posix.cc, line 358
[Parent 30962, Gecko_IOThread] WARNING: pipe error (141): Connection reset by peer: file /build/src/firefox-69.0/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_channel_posix.cc, line 358

Getting many lines of this error.

Edit 1: I tried refreshing, re-installing firefox but still the same result
Edit 2: is it related with kernel? I am currently on 5.2

Seems all fine here (XFCE, Kernel 4.14.138).
If I will encounter some issue, I will edit this post and change my answer to the poll.

Seems fine here. Back button functionality may be a little different, after paging through an online site (an online manga reader), the back button returns me to the index page, rather than having to page back one page at a time or use the history to get back to it. This seems intentional, and I rather like it, but probably relates to the site's coding. Other sites behave as usual.

Those are "WARNING" messages.

Which part of Firefox broke?

I am not able to use firefox at all, it is opening but can not open any page or links. I rolled back to 68 and it is working, with refresh

Hmm.

Check you're fully up-to-date. Which branch are you on, which version do you see?

If a cleared profile works then this may have been an extension issue.

See the thread I posted above about Troubleshooting Firefox.

All fine to me. 2 installations.

I was using the same extensions on my desktop, it updated without any issue on it. I am still facing problems in my laptop no idea why it is happening.

OK, so

and

###!!! [Parent][MessageChannel] Error: (msgtype=0x360025,name=PContent::Msg_DataStoragePut) Channel error: cannot send/recv
Is this warning? or error? I deleted all my profile, refreshed firefox but still the problem persists :cry:
Edit 1:
Tried running safe-mode this is what it is showing, the same comes up when I try to open any link from other applications.

XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /usr/lib/firefox/libxul.so:
/usr/lib/firefox/libnss3.so: version `NSS_3.45' not found (required by /usr/lib/firefox/libxul.so)
Couldn't load XPCOM.

Also, I found these lines in the console, I think this might be the error anyway to solve this?

Branch, version, and check for updates.

Please provide the information I've asked for.

Forum kindly sponsored by