Well I did check on that forum but the issue still persists. There has been a small improvement but overall the same.
I was on the intel hybrid driver beforehand which still handled prime-run properly. Except that in both drivers, I'm still experiencing tearing.
This is the accumulative sum of what I could gather so far:
Ok soooo I wrote a post regarding this but shouldn't hurt to ask here. I have a Ryzen 5 3550H with a 1050TI and I used to be on the hybrid intel/nvidia 440 driver but now switched to the AMD one. Both seem to be working extremely similarly for me. But the issue I seem to have in game is tearing.
The drm module is set to 1 but xrandr has no option for Prime Synchronization so I end up having to wonder where I'd set that up if possible at all. The tear is a single line horizontally at the top of my screen.
Could anyone assist with the configuration? Or maybe can I get some guidance to a doc or anything since most is aimed towards Intel/Nvidia?
I'm running the current 5.6 kernel and battery life and everything else is snappy but I can't escape the tearing.
Here is some output from dmesg regarding the drm module:
sudo dmesg | grep drm
[ 1.847057] systemd: Starting Load Kernel Module drm...
[ 1.854927] systemd: firstname.lastname@example.org: Succeeded.
[ 1.855343] systemd: Finished Load Kernel Module drm.
[ 2.226117] [drm] [nvidia-drm] [GPU ID 0x00000100] Loading driver
[ 2.929212] [drm] Supports vblank timestamp caching Rev 2 (21.10.2013).
[ 2.929215] [drm] No driver support for vblank timestamp query.
[ 2.929221] [drm] Initialized nvidia-drm 0.0.0 20160202 for 0000:01:00.0 on minor 0
[ 3.230569] [drm] amdgpu kernel modesetting enabled.
[ 3.231158] fb0: switching to amdgpudrmfb from EFI VGA
[ 3.237147] [drm] initializing kernel modesetting (RAVEN 0x1002:0x15D8 0x1025:0x1366 0xC2).
eDP is the output of my GPU under
And this is the error when trying to set PRIME Sync to 1:
xrandr --output eDP --set 'PRIME Synchronization' 1
X Error of failed request: BadName (named color or font does not exist)
Major opcode of failed request: 140 (RANDR)
Minor opcode of failed request: 11 (RRQueryOutputProperty)
Serial number of failed request: 33
Current serial number in output stream: 33
These are my configs under /usr/X11:
And lastly. My OpenGL renderer:
OpenGL renderer string: AMD RAVEN (DRM 3.36.0, 5.6.15-1-MANJARO, LLVM 10.0.0)
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Edit: Also I'm sorry for the late reply. I had a long project on python with a few sleepless nights.