Setup Dual Graphics (Intel + Nvidia) Driver

I have a laptop with dual graphic cards (Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia 750M). Previously I was using Ubuntu and now I have switched over to Manjaro. In Ubuntu I could install proprietary graphics drivers and when I wanted to switch cards, I would type in the terminal:

sudo prime-select nvidia

and then reboot to switch over to Nvidia drivers. Similarly when I wanted to switch back to Intel, I would type in the terminal:

sudo prime-select intel

and then reboot to switch over to Intel.

Now I am looking for a similar solution to graphics switching in Manjaro. I have read through some of the options available at https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Configure_Graphics_Cards but I am confused about which option I have to select for my needs.

I would appreciate any advice from you guys on this topic.

Thanks.

$ inxi -G
Graphics:  Device-1: Intel 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics driver: i915 v: kernel 
           Device-2: NVIDIA GK107M [GeForce GT 750M] driver: nouveau v: kernel 
           Display: x11 server: X.org 1.20.8 driver: nvidia resolution: <xdpyinfo missing> 
           OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 4600 (HSW GT2) v: 4.5 Mesa 20.0.7 

As far as I know optimus-manager is prime-select rewritten for Arch/Manjaro - and there is also a script called optimus-switch

2 Likes

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by