Snaps in Discover

I updated Manjaro KDE today (stable update, July 3, 2019). In the notes to that update, @philm wrote: "Some might noticed that since the #snapcraftsummit a lot of package changes went into Manjaro and our available RCs. XFCE and Gnome will come with Gnome-Software and our KDE edition has Discover, both with snap support enabled. This way everybody can easily access the snap store by a click and don't has to hassle to get snaps enabled. This enables us to ship even more proprietary software, which we couldn't before. For example check out on how you may install Spotify on Manjaro."

I installed Discover. In Discover, however, I only saw Flatpak apps (not Snaps). I then proceeded as explained in

That is,

sudo systemctl enable --now snapd.socket
sudo ln -s /var/lib/snapd/snap /snap

I still only see Flatpak apps (not Snaps) in Discover. How can I install Snaps from Discover? Thank you.

Screenshot_20190703_142108

Did you start the service? Is it running upon reboot?

Just off the top o' my head...

Yes, I did reboot the machine. I have

[cribari@darwin6 ~]$ systemctl status snapd.socket
● snapd.socket - Socket activation for snappy daemon
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/snapd.socket; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (running) since Wed 2019-07-03 14:15:41 -03; 39min ago
Listen: /run/snapd.socket (Stream)
/run/snapd-snap.socket (Stream)
Tasks: 0 (limit: 4915)
Memory: 0B
CGroup: /system.slice/snapd.socket

Jul 03 14:15:41 darwin6 systemd[1]: Starting Socket activation for snappy daemon.
Jul 03 14:15:41 darwin6 systemd[1]: Listening on Socket activation for snappy daemon.

I found this but it is from last year...can't blame @c00ter he's old and forgetful.

2 Likes

If you don't get a workaround in a while, JS, I'll install the relevant stuff in this Arch+Plasma and see...

Never mind. Sigh

Thanks, @anon20763909 :blush: :smiley:

1 Like

[SOLVED] Solved by removing discover and installing discover-snap.

Screenshot_20190703_150801

3 Likes

@michaldybczak had the info, I think(?)

Sounds you have it all solved but for future reference it is also covered in the wiki:

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Snap#Managing_Snaps_via_Discover

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by