[Solved] - manjaro deepin - lightdm - startdde - loop in login screen

Hi all,
last update set a package inconsistency between startdde and deepin-desktop-schemas-manjaro
Symptom: stuck at login screen, you enter correct password but it keeps asking you password in lightdm

Error cause: package deepin-desktop-schemas-manjaro is not compatible with upgraded package startdde

Solution: downgrade startdde package

I see that there is a new deepin-desktop-schemas but I cannot install it because of dependencies (it needs to remove deepin-desktop-schemas-manjaro, and this needs... well you know, more packages to be removed...) So for now I have set startdde to not update in pamac settings.

I suppose I have to wait to new deepin-desktop-schemas-manjaro to be released. Is it right? Maybe @oberon you know about this isue?

Thanks.

You need to replace deepin-desktop-schemas-manjaro with deepin-desktop-schemas package.
First, if you still have it installed, you need to remove manjaro-deepin-settings.

1 Like

1 Like

Many thanks! That worked.

1 Like

Thanks! This answer also should be marked as Solution. Unfortunately, I can only mark one.

I've been having trouble like so many others posted in June about login loop. I have downgraded startdde which solved that issue, but created another: I have no dock / launcher, so system is almost as worthless.

I am not very familiar with the commands to accomplish the replacement / swap of these packages. Would someone be kind enough to show how that is done?

Thx.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by