I did a fairly standard instalation on a new 1 tb samsung ssd on my acer aspire e5-576 laptop.
I tried various instalation methods and partitioning layouts with architect and as the problems always showed up I decided to install the gnome variant from it's image (over a usb stick).
- Random small freezes
- The "taskmanager"/system monitor app crashes when I click on tab with the graphs
- shutdown takes ages ( I pressed the power of button after like 3-4 min) In essence the picture freezes and it seems like nothing happens.)
- sudo sometimes hangs forever (i tried "sudo echo hi") and it does nothing (just hangs)
- statup takes like >2 minutes where my debian on the older m.2 ssd took only a few seconds.
- the list goes on a bit like that.
I have disk encryption activated.
My sytem usage is low (I used top to find out that the ram is ~750mb/8gb and the cpu is idle most of the time)
I tried reading from m.2 ssd and my new 1tb ssd with the benchmark tool in the diskmanger from the gnome live iso and the speeds were similar (lowest 350mb/s)
Any ideas what went wrong / how I can fix this?
Update: I currently try updating my system. needed to use
sudo is broken...
And my display turned off and doesn't wake up again..
Update running again after a restart...
After coming back to the laptop after a while the screen is of and it doesn't turn back on regardless of the
turn screen off : never that I set a in foresight.... d**n it