[Stable Update] 2017-05-12 - Kernels, KDE, KDE Apps, Gnome, Browsers

http://repo.manjaro.org/

1 Like

That one was really big!

But update went smooth, installed kernel 4.11 because of the nvme disc and still everything working. Thanks for the great work.

1 Like

I can't update

sudo pacman -Syyu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                               140.2 KiB   250K/s 00:01 [################################] 100%
 extra                             1820.0 KiB   271K/s 00:07 [################################] 100%
 community                            4.1 MiB   362K/s 00:12 [################################] 100%
 multilib                           181.4 KiB   215K/s 00:01 [################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: gstreamer0.10-good-plugins: installing libsoup (2.58.1-1) breaks dependency 'libsoup-gnome'

This happens on my XFCE and KDE install

8 Likes

Smooth update for KDE edition on 2 machines... Scary indeed, 385 packages !!! but all went OK.
I first updated the mirrors with sudo pacman-mirrors -f 10
Then I run the update itself in the Konsole with pacui (option 1).
No issue so far after reboot. Thanks !!

1 Like

Smooth update on LXQt, using the QTerminal Emulator. Qupzilla was included in the upgrade, but still no languages found for spell checking.

1 Like

gstreamer0.10-good-plugins can be removed because it is not in the official repository anymore.

3 Likes

What matters is you use pacman and not package manager in GTK for example. :wink:

OK, but this message makes me worry a bit

Both can be removed xfce4-mixer and gstreamer0.10-good-plugins. :wink:

Yes I too want the pacman terminal combo for Not breaking your system.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you. I removed the gstreamer package and I can now update! Whoohoo! 750mb! Damn!

1 Like

Things looking good in Xfce Stable with:

4.11.0-1-MANJARO

sudo pacman -Syu

Update ran well and everything is working fine, for those still waiting for updates, consider changing mirror list to point to one of the up to date repos available at http://repo.manjaro.org

I get this error with pacman -Syu:

Suche nach in Konflikt stehenden Paketen...
Fehler: Konnte den Vorgang nicht vorbereiten (Kann Abhängigkeiten nicht erfüllen)
:: gstreamer0.10-good-plugins: das Installieren von libsoup (2.58.1-1) löscht ein benötigtes Packet von 'libsoup-gnome'

What can I do to resolve it?

regards
caho

Am trying but keep getting the message: nothing to do.
sudo pacman -Syyu
It's not the first time this happens, somehow here in The Netherlands everything happens later. If it's the end of the world I would be happy when it happens later, but a software update can happen now. Why wait?

Had the same problem and tried this first sudo pacman-mirrors -f 10.
Followed by sudo pacman -Syyu

Only apparent issue on OpenRC/@aaditya was that the update overwrote my GRUB ... update-grub fixes it.

179 packages +2 from AUR; all good so far on the testing partition.

Edit: 252+0 on the production machine, no GRUB issue, no other immediately apparent probems either.
Thanks!

sudo pacman-mirrors -f 10 ruins my mirrorlist. I get only countries far away with low speeds, some even have time out. So I copy my backup file again which has only the Dutch servers.

Brazil is always the last one to sync x.x

2 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by