[Stable Update] 2018-02-03 - Kernels, LibreOffice, Browsers, Thunderbird, PHP, Haskell

Oxygen icons in Libreoffice are lost. I found a solution here:
https://dnimruoynepo.blogspot.de/2017/08/how-to-add-oxygen-icon-set-to.html
But how can I store the icons in my home directory so that they are still usable after the next update?

1 Like

No issues on laptop with kernel415.
Was a little worried when I saw:
warning: dependency cycle detected:
warning: freetype2 will be installed before its harfbuzz dependency
But, doing a ‘yaourt freetype’ check confirmed that I did NOT have an aur version of ‘freetype’ so I ignored the warning and everything seems good.

I use the Cinnamon Edition and Synapse no longer seems to work. I found this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/synapse-project/+bug/1747188
The link says it's been flagged as "invalid".

@pepito @oberon .. my package is at 1.19 version probably is this the difference .. i can update this to 1.20 ( if for solus work i don't understand why not work for us :rage: ) to see but since i don't have a wifi or lan printer i can't trace this issue .. in arch forum i found this .. maybe possible cause ?
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=234180

This appears to be due to the patch included by Arch to make 0.2.99.2 build with the newer Vala 0.38. There's a new upstream release today (0.2.99.3) which fixes it properly.

It's flagged as out-of-date in Arch so a new build will filter through as normal. Given this is a package I use and that it is currently broken I'll build and upload a fixed version for each branch.

Edit:

Packages uploaded, check your mirrors.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: CUPS error "NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED"

@jonathon Thanks...it's now working!!

1 Like

My CUPS still don't working, evn though I changed the permissions. I don't know what else I can do.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Ffmpeg0.10: installing libx264 breaks dependency

I also can't print on Canon printer but when I chose the same driver in printer settings it works.

Note: this update seems to have FIXED the problem of the touchpad freezing after waking up from standby (with kernel 4.14 - this issue affected a few of us). COOL!

Thank You for this update. It has fixed my problems with booting after last kernel update :slight_smile:.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Some icon themes don't show all their icons

Hi, I realized right now that M$ win 10 entry in grub is lost

sudo update-grub

everything is fine

The biggest change I've noticed since this upgrade is the speed at which my computer shuts down. It's absolutely amazing - only a few seconds from hitting the shutdown icon to complete poweroff

Why is the wait for the next update this long?

I think I have seen @philm mentioning that he is currently very busy in his job.

3 Likes

If you're impatient switch to the testing branch. It's right there, waiting for you. Like a puppy. Big eyes, tilted head, one raised ear, slightly wagging tail.

Of course, it might also poop over everything, but that's puppies for you.

11 Likes

I'm considering doing that tbh, how common is it for regular users of Manjaro to draw from testing? Pros/cons? This is my first rolling distro so I really don't know what to expect, I thought that I wouldn't have to do that switch unlike on non-RR ones...

Very.

You get the same packages but at a higher update frequency. The downside is that you might find issues that need to be fixed. The upside is that you might find issues that need to be fixed.

5 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by