[Stable Update] 2018-05-07 - Kernels, Mesa, Glibc, PHP, Nvidia, Plasma5, Firefox

Hi, i have the same video card but i can not switch to tty, when i try the switch the tty blink and i can't to write my login data, i try removing the video card but i have the same problem.

If you’re getting an error similar to “Can’t update: signature from *** is marginal trust” or “invalid or corrupted package” you probably just need to update your package signing keys:

sudo pacman -Sy archlinux-keyring manjaro-keyring
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys

Fixes it too :wink: Notice it's printed at the top of this page

1 Like

Nvidia driver was unexpected issue. Had resolved myself, but is it possible to notify user beforehand somehow? I mean before actual update.

Deepin DE, kernel 4.16.7-1-MANJARO.
After update everything seems ok except for an error on startup:

systemd-modules-load.service - Load Kernel Modules
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-modules-load.service; static; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2018-05-07 11:58:53 +00; 2min 58s ago
     Docs: man:systemd-modules-load.service(8)
           man:modules-load.d(5)
  Process: 611 ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 611 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

mai 07 11:58:44 franc-pc systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
mai 07 11:58:44 franc-pc systemd[1]: Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.
mai 07 11:58:50 franc-pc systemd[1]: Starting Load Kernel Modules...
mai 07 11:58:50 franc-pc systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
mai 07 11:58:50 franc-pc systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
mai 07 11:58:50 franc-pc systemd[1]: Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.
mai 07 11:58:53 franc-pc systemd[1]: Starting Load Kernel Modules...
mai 07 11:58:53 franc-pc systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
mai 07 11:58:53 franc-pc systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
mai 07 11:58:53 franc-pc systemd[1]: Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.

After some digging:

[franc@franc-pc ~]$ sudo /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load
[sudo] password for franc: 
Failed to find module 'vfs_monitor'

Does anyone know what is vfs_monitor and if there is some way to get rid of this error?

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Failed to load kernel modules

A post was split to a new topic: NVIDIA-bumblebee stops working, needs to be reinstalled

I had the same error with Pamac. Opened Terminal, ran "pacman-mirrors -g" and "pacman -Syyu" with success.

Took the update this morning on Xfce without a hitch.
Keepass was also updated in this update which was very nice and worked perfect without having to reinstall.
Thanks for all your hard work.

1 Like

Try booting straight to tty. Reboot and at the grub boot menu press e to edit. Then at the end of the line starting with linux add a space and then a 3. Then boot with ctrl-x or f10.

1 Like

I get an error:

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
js52: /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0 exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I have tried restarting Pamac, running through terminal, sudo pacman-mirrors -f 3 and restarting my computer.

If all else fails
sudo rm /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0
Then update.

1 Like

Try,

sudo rm /usr/lib/libmozjs-52.so.0

Then,

sudo pacman -Syu

2 Likes

I was kind of scared to do that when it would not allow me to via Pamac. I figured it was an important package but I'll give it a go.

Yeah that fixed it, thank you grinner/Yorper.

2 Likes

Seems to be fine on my work laptop, gonna see how it goes with the home computer at night.

I was a bit scared of the pacnew files at first but except for one case the new files were just stock versions without anything substantial in them, so I just skipped merging any changes from the new files. For reference, those files were: passwd, gshadow, fstab, resolv.conf, shells, shadow, hosts and group, all sitting under /etc

The one file where I needed to merge changes was /etc/locale.gen, there I just merged all changes, uncommented the locales I use again and then ran locale-gen for good measure.

1 Like

I have been struggling with the jack for the past month, regardless of kernel. Oddly it was working just fine a few updates ago.

I have done everything - Manjaro refuses to acknowledge that jack and treats it as a speaker - so that means audio from one side of the headphones.

Headphones work in other distros, Windows, or even when switched to Bluetooth on Manjaro. Plug into the jack and....one sided audio. I would just use Bluetooth, but the audio quality is a pile of you know what - tinny, no bass, crackling, etc.

Which is a real drag since I make a living from my laptop and spend hours a day on it. Having good audio is paramount.

Going to follow this issue and hopefully future updates address it.

No problems here. Thanks to the manjao-team :grinning:

regards
caho

Nothing wrong here. Thanks to the team.

KDE desktop, kernel 4.16.7-1 .

After rebooting things have gone smoothly as per usual except for one detail: my firewall gufw 18.04.0-1 isn't responding/openning after entering my root password.

I have rebooted and shut down on several occasions and retried. I have also disinstalled and reinstalled gufw. Still no joy either. This is a first time.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers!

Have you tried

"sudo ufw enable"

yet in Terminal.

If it fails, it should report an error.

2 Likes

Hi,

Nvidia 396.24 crashes with Firefox (Artefacts).
Remove and reinstall completely video-nvidia non free.
It's seems OK now!

Screenshot_20180507_185609

Forum kindly sponsored by