[Stable Update] 2018-08-18 - Kernels, Xorg-Server, Mesa, Deepin, MATE, Perl, Python

A small release with some bonus stuff.

3 Likes

ok, thanks
Good to know

Everything went smooth. The only issue I have is that now a mysterious Dynamic User appears on my LightDM user list :eyes:. I would be pleased if someone could help me with that !

Oh nevermind! there's a post in the arch wiki on how to solve that.

1 Like

All looks good, except for the fact that locking my screen with light-locker no longer wakes up the screen when I type or move my mouse. Before, it would immediately turn on and I would be looking at the lightdm login screen to input my password. Now, the screen remains totally off until I type my password in. Essentially I'm having to do it blind.

also, catfish have a regression: when you select multiple files and right-click on them, the right click stops work also if, after that, you right-click a single file
Similar to the previous bug

In the case of others having the same issue I had with Caffeine.

I've found a post in the Arch Forum about how to solve it:

Caffeine broken by python updates? [solved by python-ewmh rebuilt]

All went fine on three different machines. Great work, thanks to all who make a great job.

Thanks. It does seem to switch the card in some situations, but doesn't work as expected. I tried darktable and still no OpenCL support, I tried VLC and video is broken and I tried 2 games (one Steam and one GOG) and they are not producing more FPS. So something is off here :thinking:

1 Like

very smooth and nice update just one single issue after updating the LibreOffice from 6.0.6 to 6.1.0 it turns from dark to light theme

Three machines with around 280 updates per machine all XFCE and 4.17 kernel.

Laptop with Nvidia 304 already switched to Nouveau (knew they were going to kill it) with no issues. Another machine with Nvidia 340 and no issues with Xorg 1.20. (One machine rolling since 2013 install).

Thank you testers for making this massive update flawless!

I had problem with modules not loading after installing the 4.18 kernel.
Manually updating the grub solved the problem. :grinning:

3 posts were split to a new topic: Steam games stopped working

There is no OpenCL support within the opensource Drivers. It depends on your card/generation if you can use OpenCL at all.

Your situation sounds like if you're a user of an Topaz class card. This one is known for that..

1 Like

Just finished updating 3 machines running XFCE. Huge numbers of updates, but no issues.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Xorg won't start after the update.
I opened a separate thread.

Actually suceeded a second time on another computer.

Behold my power!! :smiling_imp:

Updates seem fine, but hibernation doesn't work for me with kernel 4.18. Compared to 4.17 I have found this in kernel log:

[drm:c_create [amdgpu]] *ERROR* DC: Number of connectors is zero!

I have Radeon RX Vega M which gained support in 4.18. But not correct one it seems. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

1 Like

...& so 19 hrs later... Tower's Stable KDE also updated nicely. Great work @philm & colleagues/team.

So it goes. :relaxed:

@sng @rbrick49 @anon34396487 @admdb @madmarv @hanny @themew @Kadee

Summary

I'm sorry, but these no content posts only add noise to the update threads. If your update went fine, please just respond to the poll and/or give Phil a like. I'm reading this thread for issues and solutions, not "+1".

6 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by