[Stable Update] 2019-03-21 - Kernels, Deepin, Browsers, Pamac, Plasma, Python

That's true, I'm loving every moment on Manjaro since I moved from Ubuntu. Really outstanding work so far. :grin:

1 Like

Updated with Pamac in TTY without issues as second attempt :smile:

I think that when I upgraded system first time, servers wasn't synced fully. Now I had 60 packages (OpenBox) to update, before only 30.

2 Likes

80 updates, slight confusion about pamac being replaced with pamac-gtk and not with pamac-qt. All the desktop icons were re-arranged, but no biggie. Reboot successful :joy_cat:

1 Like

Everything went well with my Gnome stable install. I used Pamac in TTY also.

I did notice that KeepassXC in the official repos has not been updated. I think the repo version is 2.3 and the community AUR page says 2.4. Any idea of when we will see this?

2 Likes

When I use the terminal and sudo pacman -Syyu it first asks me :: Replace pamac with extra/pamac-gtk? [Y/n]

Is it ok to say yes? Thanks for any help, wasn't sure what this meant exactly if anyone has an explanation.

1 Like

This is normal. The original pamac package ships the GTK front-end, so it is kinda normal to gives the GTK front-end after the transition too.

Yes, accept the replacement. The original pamac package is now split into three packages: pamac-gtk, pamac-cli and pamac-common.

This update release is essentially the same as this one in Testing, which was published in March 14th, 2019. KeepassXC has been updated in Arch Linux yesterday, so it should be in Unstable by now.

As for why there isn't more than this, well, Gnome 3.32 in currently in Unstable, and there is some work to be done so people can at least use the default Manjaro Gnome (with the extensions enabled by default) without (too much) problem.

4 Likes

Might be worth holding off for the 2.4.0 keepassxc update. Looks like there's multiple annoyances (browser integration no longer working, tray icon issues) that were introduced with it.

2 Likes

Smooth update. Thanks!
(Manjaro KDE)

1 Like

trizen and appimagelauncher packages are pretty old on manjaro repo

1 Like

Updated on Manjaro DEEPIN Edition, no issues, thank you Devs, thank you @oberon :smile:

2 Likes

What exactly is difference between those? Any huge things or just depends where they come from?

pamac-common: All files needed by each front-end;
pamac-cli: The CLI front-end (pamac install, pamac upgrade, pamac remove, etc.);
pamac-gtk: The GTK front-end.

2 Likes

First issue I've had with an update. My laptop's backlit keyboard is no longer backlit. Upon reboot backlighting works, but upon loading the OS, there is no backlighting to the keyboard. Original Manjaro load was KDE edition, about two years ago. Lots of stuff now. I'll have to load I3 and see if it also has issue or is this a DE ir OS issue.

It's getting late; I'll troubleshoot tomorrow and see if I can locate the issue.

1 Like

Pls explain more about this.

1. HOW does one make their Plasma system for instance use the Qt UI instead of the GTK UI when launching the GUI from the SystemTray widget?
  2. When i launch the Qt UI manually from the Application Menu, then click its Updates "button", it just spins a dynamic "checking for updates 0%" icon continuously without end.
  3. When i launch the Qt UI manually from the Application Menu, its settings refuse to honour those in /etc/pamac.conf , & furthermore when i then edit them manually in the GUI they are all lost again at its next launch.

:dizzy_face:

6 Likes

XFCE, 4.19.30-1

Everything went smoothly! Thanks for all the hard work.

1 Like

Took the update some hours back on Xfce and all seems to be working fine. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Updated fine, except for reverting the wallpaper to XFCE default. Didn't remove my old wallpaper, so that's a minor cosmetic problem. As reported, Thunar doesn't have "Create (text) file" in the submenu anymore, but that option's nearly useless anyway, since I almost always create documents within an application. Not worth a downgrade, unless other problems arise later.

Also, I did these last two updates at the same time, and everything turned out fine.

Manjaro XFCE installed
Intel Quadcore
Nvidia 1060

1 Like

I am working my way through applying this update to all my Stable VMs, & my Lappy. I am using Pamac GUI to do this. There is a repeat error being made during this process; it's trivial but irritating.

Absolutely positively definitely certainly 100% for sure no doubt [get the idea?], my installations did NOT have a pamac pacsave file before the update. Despite that, this occurs:

e[1;1me[1;32m==>e[1;0me[1;1m You had an old /etc/pamac.conf.pacsave file. We restore it for you.e[1;0m
e[1;1me[1;32m==>e[1;0me[1;1m You can find your new pamac.conf saved as `/etc/pamac-new-03220815.conf`e[1;0m

I have to go & inspect this bogus new redundant file then manually delete it. Why is this happening?

2 Likes

Can we see all entries put in pacman.log during your system upgrade?

2 Likes

As you said, that's before the update. During the update, the pamac package is removed <-- that's when the pamac.conf.pacsave file is created. It saves your config despite removing pamac.

When the split packages are then installed, there is a script to detect the previous config and restore it, so that you don't have to reconfigure it afterward.

Without that, everyone would who installed the update would need to redo their pamac config (like enabling AUR access or tweaking how long packages are kept).

However, it keeps the fresh, new conf file just in case someone wants to review that. You don't need to worry about it; it just lets you know it's there.

6 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by