[Stable Update] 2019-03-29 - Kernels, Gnome, LibreOffice, Mesa, Budgie, Browsers, Qt

Danke euch allen. Meine Daten sind ja alle auf einer separaten Partition und ich habe mir auch die Paketlisten gespeichert.
Mir ist bewusst, was AUR ist. Dies hier von @ Bleuzen hatte ich nicht verstanden:

yaourt is not maintained currently, so it has some problems and won’t get updates anymore.
There is no reason to use it, because there are good alternatives:
trizen
yay
pamac

Ich habe es nun gewagt auf TTY 2 und alles ging ohne Probleme!

Danke an das Team und alle Helfer!

2 Likes

:+1:

Yaourt (Yet AnOther User Repository Tool ) war ein AUR-Hilfsprogramm, das seit einiger Zeit nicht mehr weiter entwickelt wird (siehe auch https://wiki.archlinux.de/title/Yaourt). Yaourt wurde daher mit diesem Update aus den Paktequellen entfernt. @Bleuzen empfiehlt deshalb einen anderen Helfer (trizen (Hinweis fĂĽr KDE-Nutzer: kann mit Octopi verwendet werden), yay oder pamac (z.B. im CLI ĂĽber die build Option)) zu nutzen.

2 Likes

There are more times the desktop system get stunned. And I checked the journalctl -r, in which I get many lines of the error about gdm-x-session:

/usr/lib/gdm-x-session[1075]: nvLock: client timed out, taking the lock

This error was reported many times before when I used the Mathematica 11.3. But it did not appear at other time when I used the manjaro. However now it appears much frequently. I think it is the issue of the updated Gnome. But I cannot find how to get it repaired.

There are a few reports of this message with the nvidia-390 driver. If you are not already running it you could try the nvidia (418) driver. Either use Manjaro Settings Manager -> Hardware (simpler) or read about how on the wiki https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Configure_Graphics_Cards.

All good and well! Thanks team!

DE: XFCE
Kernels: linux419, linux416

Thank you for the advice!. It is helpful. However, after I changed it into the 418 driver, the error still appears, with a lower frequency. But it is still annoying.

Ah, okay. You could try this:

Hi,

have anyone experienced problems with the icon(s) in the gnome status menu?
Now there is a much too large user icon instead of the usual user picture.

Screenshot%20from%202019-04-03%2016-52-16

I added these into my kernel parameters. But after generating the grub.cfg and reboot, this annoying issue does still appear. It freeze the system few seconds when I open firefox and randomly comes at other time, And nvLock:... is still listed in the journal. : (

But still, thanks for your help!

Pamac unterstützt auch in der grafischen Benutzeroberfläche das AUR - ganz ohne weiteren Helper!

1 Like

Time to start a troubleshooting thread in 'Technical Issues and Assistance', I think.

First have a read of How to provide good information in your posts. Inxi might help identify an issue with your hardware/setup that leads to the issue. But particularly a copy of the journalctl error message(s) generated when opening firefox, or other instances of the freeze if you can catch one, will hopefully help to get some better assistance. :slightly_smiling_face:

Updated via TTY. The only issue I had was with the Dash-to-Panel extension. It would throw an error when it would try to update from the Gnome Extensions website. Had to manually apply the update.

Yes... I have a normal sized icon but not my picture profile. The picture is in the log in screen and in the lock screen, but not in that menu.

1 Like

When locking my screen, I can no longer press a key to get to the password field, I have to mouse drag up.

Gnome edition, nothing special

See [Stable Update] 2019-03-29 - Kernels, Gnome, LibreOffice, Mesa, Budgie, Browsers, Qt

But the update is already released. So when you update arc-menu extension everything should be working fine.

Gnome desktop -- switched off extensions, upgraded via console, restarted and switched extensions back on again.

On Dell XPS 13 9680, brightness, back-light brightness and volume indicators no longer showing status bars when used. Icons are showing, buttons are working but the indicator bars inside the icon to show how high/low the volume/brightness is have not been showing since this update.

1 Like

Gnome desktop bugs: some keyboard shortcuts not working.

I rely on these four shortcuts very very very much. They greatly improved my efficiency. But now they are not working right now.
Every time I set these shortcuts, they are working. Then when I reboot the system, all of them fail to work or some of them fail to work.
This is super weird.

Please fix it. Thanks in advance!!!

Yeah, me too.

Pacman/Yay said that there were newer mesa packages installed. I reinstalled/downgraded with:

pacman -S  lib32-libva-mesa-driver lib32-mesa lib32-mesa-vdpau lib32-vulkan-intel lib32-vulkan-radeon libva-mesa-driver mesa mesa-vdpau vulkan-intel vulkan-radeon'
[2019-04-05 17:35] [ALPM] downgraded lib32-libva-mesa-driver (19.0.1+really+18.3.5-1 -> 19.0.1-1)
[2019-04-05 17:35] [ALPM] reinstalled mesa (19.0.1-2)
[2019-04-05 17:35] [ALPM] downgraded lib32-mesa (19.0.1+really+18.3.5-1 -> 19.0.1-1)
[2019-04-05 17:35] [ALPM] downgraded lib32-mesa-vdpau (19.0.1+really+18.3.5-1 -> 19.0.1-1)
[2019-04-05 17:35] [ALPM] downgraded lib32-vulkan-intel (19.0.1+really+18.3.5-1 -> 19.0.1-1)
[2019-04-05 17:35] [ALPM] downgraded lib32-vulkan-radeon (19.0.1+really+18.3.5-1 -> 19.0.1-1)
[2019-04-05 17:35] [ALPM] downgraded libva-mesa-driver (19.0.1+really+18.3.5-1 -> 19.0.1-2)
[2019-04-05 17:35] [ALPM] downgraded mesa-vdpau (19.0.1+really+18.3.5-1 -> 19.0.1-2)
[2019-04-05 17:35] [ALPM] downgraded vulkan-intel (19.0.1+really+18.3.5-1 -> 19.0.1-2)
[2019-04-05 17:35] [ALPM] downgraded vulkan-radeon (19.0.1+really+18.3.5-1 -> 19.0.1-2)

(The Alt-Tab bug under KDE Wayland is still present. Alt-Tab only switches between the last used, switching is only possible between two tasks.)

Forum kindly sponsored by