[Stable Update] 2019-05-26 - Kernels, XFCE 4.14-pre1, Virtualbox, LibreOffice

Kernel: 4.19.45-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: MATE 1.22.1
works wonderfully after updates and rebooted for the updated Linux LTS Kernel.

Glad to see the Intel update too. Hopefully that is to help with Intel Security.

The general rule is that 7 tads = 1 tidge [except when Jupiter's Ascending, when it's 5.7:1] ... if that helps at all? Also, it's very important to get annual calibration checks using an authorised tidgometer, otherwise goodness knows how diabolically inaccurate our measurements would be! How then could we hold these sensible discussions? :grin:

I remembered after my earlier post that whereas the Stable on my Lappy is all KDE, the other Stable in one of my Tower's VMs is KDE+Cinnamon, which will explain why its update was larger.

1 Like

Kernel: 4.19.45-1-MANJARO Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.15.5 Driver:NVIDIA 390.116 Bumblebee
Updated from tty as usual. System extremely sluggish after update. No functionality's broken afaik, but applications are taking a long time to start. Even konsole takes a long time to display the prompt after starting. The problem remains after multiple reboots and poweroffs. The only oddity I've found is that baloo_file_extr is eating a lot of memory and CPU even when system's idle. Did something change in KDE indexing? Sorry, if this feels like a rant, but this is the first time I'm having such an issue after update. Manjaro's been rock solid for me all this time.

Surely, we should be using SI units, in which case it would be a smidgen

In fact they're all SI, but from a parallel universe predicated on base 7 [sometimes 5.7]. The relationship is 42 smidgen = 1 tad, ie, 1 tidge ipso facto = 294 smidgen [natch]. I was simply trying not to over-complicate it before; KISS & all that malarkey. After all. some poor souls struggle with higher-order dimensional analysis, so we must be patient :crazy_face:

Summary

Waits patiently to see who notices the huge base error above... :scream:

2 Likes

Hi all,

I've been on Manjaro for about more than a month now and I absolutely love it! I've been browsing the forum without an account till now.

After following this and have optimus-manager set to nvidia on startup via:

optimus-manager --set-startup nvidia

and after installing this particular update, after a reboot, SDDM doesn't start anymore (Manjaro KDE, Kernel 4.19.45-1).

However, LightDM is working perfectly, so I switched over. Not sure what to do to make SDDM work with optimus-manager set to nvidia again though.

However, there's no problem at all with SDDM if optimus-manager is set to intel on startup via:

optimus-manager --set-startup intel

Also, as a newbie, there's a minor thing I'm not too sure about, after this update too, every time I login to KDE, there's KDE Wallet prompting me to enter my password to connect to wifi which did not happen before, is that normal?

1 Like

KDE witch 4.19.45-1-MANJARO (Dual boot with Win 10).
Update via TTY:

[2019-05-28 10:31] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] Generating grub configuration file ...
[2019-05-28 10:31] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] Found background: /usr/share/grub/background.png
[2019-05-28 10:31] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-4.19-x86_64
[2019-05-28 10:31] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] Found initrd image: /boot/intel-ucode.img /boot/initramfs-4.19-x86_64.img
[2019-05-28 10:31] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] Found initrd fallback image: /boot/initramfs-4.19-x86_64-fallback.img
[2019-05-28 10:31] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] /dev/mapper/control: open failed: No such device
[2019-05-28 10:31] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] Failure to communicate with kernel device-mapper driver.
[2019-05-28 10:31] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] Check that device-mapper is available in the kernel.
[2019-05-28 10:31] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] Incompatible libdevmapper 1.02.156 (2019-03-22) and kernel driver (unknown version).
[2019-05-28 10:31] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] Command failed.
[2019-05-28 10:31] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] /dev/mapper/control: open failed: No such device
[2019-05-28 10:31] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] Failure to communicate with kernel device-mapper driver.
[2019-05-28 10:31] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] Check that device-mapper is available in the kernel.
[2019-05-28 10:31] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] Incompatible libdevmapper 1.02.156 (2019-03-22) and kernel driver (unknown version).
[2019-05-28 10:31] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] Found memtest86+ image: /boot/memtest86+/memtest.bin
[2019-05-28 10:31] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] done
[2019-05-28 10:31] [ALPM] running 'detect-old-perl-modules.hook'...

No grub boot options other than Manjaro default.
Solved with:
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

You can go to Network Settings, and set option to store your password unencrypted (as plain text)
KDE uses its wallet to store local passwords encrypted by default, that's why you must unlock the wallet every time you connecting Wi-Fi

1 Like

After the update I've got a notification on KDE saying that a process is transfering a file named transfers.kgt
It doesn't complete so I have to stop it but every time I reboot the PC there it is again.
I don't have any idea of where this came from, it never happened before.
How can I get rid of it?

Thanks

We are several with the same problem

Update in TTY, Plasma 5
Nothing was updated because of this error.

Since two or three updates ego I have problems with calendar. It causes plasma to crash. I think it is related to these bugs:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=371666

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=404594

kholidays: /usr/include/KF5/KHolidays/KHolidays/AstroSeasons is in file system
kholidays: /usr/include/KF5/KHolidays/KHolidays/Holiday is in file system
kholidays: /usr/include/KF5/KHolidays/KHolidays/HolidayRegion is in file system
kholidays: /usr/include/KF5/KHolidays/KHolidays/LunarPhase is in file system
kholidays: /usr/include/KF5/KHolidays/KHolidays/SunRiseSet is in file system
kholidays: /usr/include/KF5/KHolidays/KHolidays/Zodiac is in file system
kholidays: /usr/include/KF5/KHolidays/kholidays/astroseasons.h is in file system
kholidays: /usr/include/KF5/KHolidays/kholidays/holiday.h is in file system
kholidays: /usr/include/KF5/KHolidays/kholidays/holidayregion.h is in file system
kholidays: /usr/include/KF5/KHolidays/kholidays/kholidays_export.h is in file system
kholidays: /usr/include/KF5/KHolidays/kholidays/lunarphase.h is in file system
kholidays: /usr/include/KF5/KHolidays/kholidays/sunriseset.h is in file system
kholidays: /usr/include/KF5/KHolidays/kholidays/zodiac.h is in file system
kholidays: /usr/include/KF5/kholidays_version.h is in file system
kholidays: /usr/lib/cmake/KF5Holidays/KF5HolidaysConfig.cmake is in file system
kholidays: /usr/lib/cmake/KF5Holidays/KF5HolidaysConfigVersion.cmake is in file system
kholidays: /usr/lib/cmake/KF5Holidays/KF5HolidaysQchTargets.cmake is in file system
kholidays: /usr/lib/cmake/KF5Holidays/KF5HolidaysTargets-noconfig.cmake is in file system
kholidays: /usr/lib/cmake/KF5Holidays/KF5HolidaysTargets.cmake is in file system
kholidays: /usr/lib/libKF5Holidays.so is in file system
kholidays: /usr/lib/libKF5Holidays.so.5 is in file system
kholidays: /usr/lib/qt/mkspecs/modules/qt_KHolidays.pri is in file system
kholidays: /usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kholidays/libkholidaysdeclarativeplugin.so is in file system
kholidays: /usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kholidays/qmldir is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/doc/qt/KF5Holidays.qch is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/doc/qt/KF5Holidays.tags is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/ar/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/be/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/bg/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/br/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/bs/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/ca/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/ca@valencia/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/cy/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/el/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/eo/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/et/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/eu/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/fa/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/fy/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/ga/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/gl/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/he/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/hi/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/hne/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/hu/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/ia/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/id/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/is/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/kk/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/km/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/ko/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/lt/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/lv/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/mk/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/mr/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/ms/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/nb/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/nds/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/ne/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/nn/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/pa/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/pt/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/ro/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/se/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/sk/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/sl/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/sq/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/sr/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/sr@ijekavian/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/sr@ijekavianlatin/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/sr@latin/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/ta/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/th/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/tr/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/ug/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/uk/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/uz/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/uz@cyrillic/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/wa/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system
kholidays: /usr/share/locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/libkholidays5_qt.qm is in file system

murmur server doesn't start anymore. If I just type murmurd I get:

murmurd: symbol lookup error: murmurd: undefined symbol: _ZN4grpc13ServerBuilderC1Ev

Please update murmur package to 1.3.0-rc1-2 as stated here: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/62715

1 Like

Hi,

The kernel update going from linux419-4.19.42 to linux419-4.19.45 completely broke my system, to the point where I had to reinstall Manjaro. Unfortunately I only had a single kernel version installed.

The issue seems to have something to do with the amd graphics kernel modules the error I got was:

amdpgu [powerplay] Failed message: 0x4 input parameter: 0x10 Error code: 0xffffffff

I have a system with two AMD RX Vega64 graphics cards.

The boot process would hang, I could log into tty but couldn't execute any commands.
I could boot into single user mode but couldn't roll back the kernel. I had all my data backed up so I decided to just reinstall.

After the reinstall I've encountered the error again, I can't boot using the 4.19.45 kernel; but this time I also installed the 5.1.4 kernel which seems to run fine.

Seems to be a known issue...

Update on 12 Systems and 1 VB without Problems.

DK3

1 Like

Seems to be again an issue with linux-firmware. Will check if upstream already fixed it.

rather than store your passwords unencrypted, use the troubleshooting steps:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE_Wallet#Unlock_KDE_Wallet_automatically_on_login

1 Like

I'm wondering the same thing. I noticed today that indexing has stopped for me, and receive the following error when attempting to re-enable.

Could not determine correct datetime format from: "2016:11:07 24:13:56"
Could not determine correct datetime format from: "2018:01:11 24:58:33"
Error: XMP Toolkit error 201: XML parsing failure
Warning: Failed to decode XMP metadata.

My Google-fu has failed me thus far.

Edit: Indexing seems to work properly after downgrading Baloo to 5.57.0-1. Indexes are lost after upgrading again.

murmur server doesn't start anymore.

Same here, I had to downgrade the package. I'm curious about how a broken package managed to get into stable updates, I thought there was testing involved? Understandable if it only happens on some setups but as far as I can tell it was a packaging mistake from Arch, just trying to start murmur would be enough testing in this case. Also it was reported on Arch's bugtracker (and even fixed!) before the update on Manjaro repos.

You should also consider that team of testers is very small and I doubt that they use such specific apps like murmur. On the other hand there is upstream-downstream problem " More you test - more packages you hold- more potential breaks after bug stable updates".

Forum kindly sponsored by