I am happy to announce another Stable Update.
Get the latest install medias here.
It took us a while to provide this update-set of packages. Most of our effort went into the new way we generate initramfs kernel images. The intention is to make the kernel packages more self-contained, as well as making the boot process more flexible, while also keeping it backwards compatible. As of now, only mkinitcpio has hooks for handling kernels installations and removals. We do not ship any for dracut yet, but it will have similar hooks in the near future.
What else changed?
- latest Kernels fixing some security issues on Intel CPUs.
- Plasma is now at 5.17.3
- Apps are at 19.08.3
- KDE Frameworks are at 5.64.0
- Brave Browsers are now updated to 0.71 and 0.72 series
- Nvidia drivers got updated
- We dropped linux52
- Thunderbird got some needed fixes in 68.2.2
- The bi-weekly Mesa update 19.2.3 brings some fixes and stabilizations
- The usual upstream fixes and updates
If you like following latest Plasma development you may also like to check out our current version of manjaro-kde-vanilla, which we build on a regular basis against kde-git master packages.
As always we appreciate your input and feedback for the updates.
Our current supported kernels:
- linux316 3.16.75
- linux44 4.4.201
- linux49 4.9.201
- linux414 4.14.154
- linux419 4.19.84
- linux53 5.3.11 (no catalyst module!)
- linux54 5.4.0-rc7 (not all modules build yet!)
- linux419-rt 4.19.72_rt26
- linux52-rt 5.2.21_rt13
Package Changes (Wed Nov 13 11:48:51 CET 2019)
- stable community x86_64: 776 new and 903 removed package(s)
- stable core x86_64: 44 new and 46 removed package(s)
- stable extra x86_64: 748 new and 832 removed package(s)
- stable multilib x86_64: 41 new and 40 removed package(s)
A detailed list of changes can be found here.
- No issue, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
- Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Check if your mirror has already synced: