[Stable Update] 2020-03-14 - Kernels, Plasma 5.18.3, KDE Frameworks 5.67, KDE Apps 19.12.3, Firefox, Kodi

Systemd 244 is most likely intentional. It has been in stable-staging for days, and was included in the big update that shipped notably KDE 5.18.3 and most of everything else we are having in this update. It finally made it. (systemd 245 is still only in Unstable for now.)

As for 9.4.0rc4, well, it got added in the last minute though. I don't know if it is a good move, considering that @guinux is still actively working on this release, although I have to admit that it is miles better than the first release candidate versions we got, and in my experience, it seems to be as usable than 9.3.0. However, if it was me, I would have held it back and let guinux finalize Pamac 9.4.0 without pressure.

3 Likes

There is bug concerning font display in Settings GUI : Global Theme, Plasma Style and Application Style
ksnip_20200314-134606
ksnip_20200314-134643
ksnip_20200314-134720

What happens when you update with Pacman?

XFCE update goes fine! Thanks Manjaro :slight_smile:

Fwiw, is working fine for me in Arch, & in my MJ Unstable [though it does cause DMESG to no longer show during boot, unless user edits grub to remove quiet (kudos @anon96998563)].

Update:

It would not IMO be fair to blame this as a systemd 245 bug, but instead more a user self-induced problem.

2 Likes

Possibly related: [Stable Update] 2020-03-14 - Kernels, Plasma 5.18.3, KDE Frameworks 5.67, KDE Apps 19.12.3, Firefox, Kodi

looks like sudo pacman -Syyu went through without errors. :woman_shrugging:

'Failed to commit transaction'

Download of xfce4-clipman-plugin (1.4.4-1) started
Download of xfce4-clipman-plugin (1.4.4-1) finished
Download of vim-runtime (8.2.0343-1) finished
Checking keyring...
Checking integrity...
Loading packages files...
Checking file conflicts...
Failed to commit transaction:
conflicting files:
fwupd: /usr/bin/fwupdate already exists in filesystem
fwupd: /usr/share/man/man1/fwupdate.1.gz already exists in filesystem

Manjaro 19.0.2
xfce4.14

Edit:
I had it installed via the AUR. Just needed to remove it first and then run the update. Thanks to those that helped me realize this.

Thanks @muvori
It worked !
Update completed.

Yeah after upgrading today to 5.18.3 stable I got that problem.

The volume increased by a dramatic factor of 10. I now need to set the systems maximum volume to 10% to make it bearable.

KDE
Card pulseAudio
Chip PulseAudio
Jabra Evolve headset

That happened to me, too. After a reboot the problem didn't exist any more.

I rebooted many times but the same problem persists, can you try to resize Settings UI and see if the fonts looks goods ?

Good morning. Update went well, as usual.

Sistema operacional: Manjaro Linux
Versão do KDE Plasma: 5.18.3
Versão do KDE Frameworks: 5.67.0
Versão da Qt: 5.14.1
Versão do kernel: 5.4.24-1-MANJARO
Tipo de sistema operacional: 64 bits
Processadores: 2 × Intel® Celeron® CPU N2830 @ 2.16GHz
Memória: 3,3 GiB de RAM

Thank you Manjaro.

Regards

Paulo

Update went fine. Kernel 5.4, nVidia 440, GNOME. Thanks manjaro team :slight_smile:

Hello

I have the same issue on my laptop : write after logging in from SDDM, a pop-up window from KDE Wallet Service states "The application 'kded5' has requested to open the wallet 'kdewallet': Please enter the password for this wallet below."

It looks like at least the wifi connection needs it as, if I wait and don't enter the password, network applet complains there is no credit entered to connect to the wireless network.

Edit : I have rebooted multiple times already.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

2 Likes

No issues with KDE ...and Latte Dock is fixed.

yes
we can view this error with arch here and here

1 Like

I see no bug here. All looks as it should. Could you describe what is wrong on the screens you attached?

I apologize if it's not the right place to ask this question but since it's related to the latest iso release too:
We noticed with a few reddit users some strange thing regarding the osdn hosting and hash discrepancies between osdn files and the site hash.
Is it something we should be concerned about ?
[https://www.reddit.com/r/ManjaroLinux/comments/fi4sks/wrong_hash_on_site/]

Forum kindly sponsored by