[Stable Update] 2020-03-24 - Kernels, KDE Frameworks 5.68, Gnome 3.36, LibreOffice 6.4.2

when everything is correct you should end up with this output

vercmp $(pacman -Q | grep 'hplip' -m1 | cut -d' ' -f2) 1:3.20.3-2
3 Likes

Hmmm...

$ sudo pacman -S manjaro-system-20200324-3
:: Some packages should be upgraded first...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) manjaro-system-20200324-3

Total Download Size:   0.02 MiB
Total Installed Size:  0.00 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages...
 manjaro-system-20200324-3-any                                                                                      22.9 KiB  7.44 MiB/s 00:00 [########################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                                                                                 [########################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                                                                               [########################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                                                                                    [########################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                                                                              [########################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                                                                                            [########################################################################################] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) upgrading manjaro-system                                                                                                                 [########################################################################################] 100%
==> Fixing file conflicts for 'hplip' update for you ...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) hplip-1:3.20.3-2

Total Installed Size:  30.58 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:       3.41 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
checking keyring...
checking package integrity...
loading package files...
checking for file conflicts...
checking available disk space...
:: Processing package changes...
upgrading hplip...
warning: directory permissions differ on /usr/share/hplip/base/__pycache__/
filesystem: 700  package: 755
warning: directory permissions differ on /usr/share/hplip/base/pexpect/__pycache__/
filesystem: 777  package: 755
warning: directory permissions differ on /usr/share/hplip/prnt/__pycache__/
filesystem: 777  package: 755
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/4) Reloading system manager configuration...
(2/4) Reloading device manager configuration...
(3/4) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(4/4) Updating the desktop file MIME type cache...
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
warning: lock file missing /var/lib/pacman/db.lck

error: target not found: manjaro-system-20200324-3

[edit]
Full upgrade with pacman -Syyu went through after that though. Rebooting with fingers crossed :slight_smile:

[edit 2]
Rebooted succesfully.

System: Cinnamon, kernel 5.5, Nvidia 440x

3 Likes

Now, with the latest manjaro-system-20200324-3 the update went well.

2 * KDE and 1 * XFCE computers with different hardware.

Thanks!

2 Likes

This worked for me! Thank you!

Update process unable to start this morning :

Checking inter-conflicts...
http://ftp.linux.org.tr/manjaro/stable/community/x86_64/libcurl-compat-7.69.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst: Error 404
http://ftp.linux.org.tr/manjaro/stable/community/x86_64/arduino-builder-1.5.2-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst: Error 404

Update process got stuck there.

Mirror may not be synced yet, check: https://repo.manjaro.org/

Can try sudo pacman-mirrors -f 5 && sudo pacman -Syyu

You are using a mirror, which hasn´t synced yet.

Maybe you should use a mirror from a country nearby.

Thanks, "kudos" !
See below: while running the system upgrade...poof.IMG_20200324_110947

I'm having some issues, both with gnome calendar, and gnome clocks:

gnome-calendar 

(gnome-calendar:3125): GcalEvent-CRITICAL **: 11:12:50.997: gcal_event_is_multiday: assertion 'GCAL_IS_EVENT (self)' failed

(gnome-calendar:3125): GcalEvent-CRITICAL **: 11:12:50.997: gcal_event_is_multiday: assertion 'GCAL_IS_EVENT (self)' failed
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

and clocks

gnome-clocks 

(org.gnome.clocks:3278): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:13:54.168: Theme parsing error: <broken file>:1:0: Failed to import: The resource at “/org/gnome/clocks/css/gnome-clocks.adwaita.css” does not exist
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

and also, the folders are very small:
small folder

I just updated, restarted, and have an issue with gnome-shell.

• In the top bar the position of icons and text are wrong.
  • Also there are missing icons you can see nautilus in the screenshot.

I disabled gnome extensions. It is the same behaviour in Xorg and Wayland.

Screenshot from 2020-03-24 10-52-17

update
Alright it was only an issue with a custom icon pack. Everything works normally now.

Same here. Initially I got errors after trying sudo pacman -Syu.
Then I did sudo pacman -Syyu and the installation completed successfully.
I rebooted and everything seems to be fine.

1 Like

For Gnome it is critical not to run it in a graphical session. It is better to do a TTY session in a terminal. It is common that it might break, especially if you have extensions added which are not yet compatible to 3.36. I'll note that in the announcement.

3 Likes

I have a similar issue, not only folders but every icon in the applications dashboard is very small (they are so small that they seems "invisible"). It happens also when i want to search for an app, but in a slightly different way. I'll post some images to clarify these points:

• This is the view when i press the super button (i.e. applications overview). My setup is made by two monitors, one vertical and one horizontal. This problem seems to affect only the horizontal one.
    applications dashboard
  • This is the view when i try to show all the folders and installed applications.
    show all applications
  • This happens when i try to search for something in search bar (note that on the right side of the screen, there is a scrollbar, it seems that the "result box" is shrinked).
    search

These are the major issues that i've encountered in this update.
Let me know if i have to be more clear :+1:t2:

Same here! login as root still works.
but did the update as Phil wrote in the beginning: in a TTY.

[EDIT 1]
Fixed Gnome login problem with move ~/.config and ~/.local folders temporarily to a different location, while in root session in gnome. Then move content piece by piece.

I also got the "already exists in filesystem" error, but after I updated manjaro-system on its own, everything worked.

Hello.

When I turned on the computer earlier today and tried to update it, I received error messages related to HPLIP and it failed. I came to check on the forum and saw the recommendation to do the update outside the graphical interface and everything worked perfectly.

Thanks.

I updated this morning, and I just realized but LibreOffice is still at 6.3.5.2... I made sure it isn't blacklisted in /etc/pacman.conf. Is it normal?

You're probably on still, try fresh if you want the latest version.

Yay!!
Clocking in @ 258 updates here, will let you know when done.

Isn't this topic about the stable branch update? In the description we're informed that this update brings LO 6.4.2.

If that's not the case, it's pretty unclear! :slight_smile:

Forum kindly sponsored by