[Stable Update] 2020-04-26 - KDE Apps 20.04, Mesa 20.0.5, Browsers, Gnome 3.36.2, Wine 5.7

Konsole and Yakuake didn't pick up my default profile properly (wrong font was used). I had to change the default profile, close the app, change it back again and it seems to work now.

@philm Warning mirrors are not working
*** check first status mirrors ***
https://repo.manjaro.org/

My OS is KDE, when I reboot, there are some problems with my computer. Black screen and crashed, so I forced shut down. It seems like everything is OK when I turn it on again.
I still don't know how to reboot by using 'magic key'. :joy: :joy: :sweat: :sweat:

same issus :crazy_face:

Xfce, Kenel 4.14. All went fine.

Months ago I installed python-scandir as optional dependency for bleachbit: is used to make bleachbit faster while scanning for the files to clean: currently python-scandir is become an orphan package; in facts, when I check in Pamac, bleachbit doesn't report anymore python-scandir as optional dependency: has been bleachbit improved, so no longer requires python-scandir?

Has happened the same for kdelibs4support: was required for Kolourpaint (but in this case wasn't an optional dependency: was a mandatory dependency); removing kdelibs4support has highlighted others orphans: kded, kemoticons, kparts and kunitconversion. Luckily, everytime that I install a package, I keep track of dependencies: all these mentioned packages were istalled when I installed kolourpaint (on 11 July 2019): the odd thing is that kolourpaint still works also without these packages which were reported as dependencies and now are orphans/leftovers.

Fejl: kunne ikke indsende (commit) transaktion (konfliktende filer)
nss: /usr/lib/p11-kit-trust.so findes i filsystem
Der opstod fejl, ingen pakker blev opgraderet.

This is danish - error : could not send (commit) transaction (Conflicting Files)
nss: /usr/lib/p11-kit-trust.so is in the filesystem
A failure occured , no packages was upgraded.

Updated 2 machines (#1 physical running XFCE and #2 VM running Gnome), tty, no issues.

I tried to update but got this:

manjaro-gnome-extension-settings-19.0 and manjaro-gnome-extension-settings-18.0 are in conflict

So I removed manjaro-gnome-extension-settings and reinstall it after update. Then I refreshed database and also got that same message.
Is there solution for this?

Flawless update on KDE, thank you Manjaro for such an amazing distro!

Thanks for the hint but wow was that annoying.

1. I had only one profile so I needed to create a new one
  2. Except doing that in yakuake did not do ■■■■ so I had to use konsole
  3. The correct profile is now used in both apps after the switcharoo in konsole

:man_facepalming:

So happy to see new Kdenlive Video Editor, it has many new features.
https://kdenlive.org/en/2020/04/kdenlive-20-04-is-out/

1 Like
sudo pacman -Syyuu

This is what I got:

:: Synchronizing package databases...
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirror.koddos.net : Resolving timed out after 10000 milliseconds
 core                  172,0 KiB  88,3 KiB/s 00:02 [######################] 100%
 extra                2018,0 KiB  1886 KiB/s 00:01 [######################] 100%
 community               6,0 MiB  1823 KiB/s 00:03 [######################] 100%
 multilib              192,9 KiB  1929 KiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace manjaro-gnome-extension-settings with community/manjaro-gnome-extension-settings-18.0? [Y/n] y
:: Replace manjaro-gnome-extension-settings with community/manjaro-gnome-extension-settings-19.0? [Y/n] y
:: Replace manjaro-gnome-settings with community/manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0? [Y/n] y
:: Replace manjaro-gnome-settings with community/manjaro-gnome-settings-19.0? [Y/n] y
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: manjaro-gnome-extension-settings-19.0 and manjaro-gnome-extension-settings-18.0 are in conflict

I thought this was unnecessary in stable, but you could try this:

https://www.archlinux.org/news/nss3511-1-and-lib32-nss3511-1-updates-require-manual-intervention/

It worked for me in testing and unstable.

Hi,
yesterday evening I noticed the same error after pamac wanted to update following package:
gnome-layout-switcher.
I removed gnome-layout-switcher afterwards because I was never using it anyway.

Maybe on your system the error is caused by the same package?

Update:
Tried again to install the gnome-layout-switcher and got the same error as you did. So maybe that's a good guess.

1 Like

Opening files in KDE now requires a double click.

Firefox reports that it is not the default browser and cannot be installed as such.

I got an issue with this update, as I seemingly do with every update, as detailed here

Pre-transaction hooks were fine
Updating/installing the packages were fine
Post-transaction hooks mostly fine, apart from a "Bad return status for module build on kernel 4.14.177-1 MANJARO"

After all the updates/hooks etc, I manually do a sudo mkinitcpio -P then a manual sudo update-grub.

Rebooted

Got a kernel panic for kernel 5.5.6, so chrooted in using another Manjaro DVD, successfully chrooted in and did a sudo mkinitcpio -P and a sudo update-grub, which resolved the issue.

Some minor things, no real issues. KDE changed some settings: yakuake-profile, click-behaviour inside dolphin was set to doubleclick and I had to reassign my firefox & thunderbird as standard-applications. Other than that, noting to report. thanks for the update!

The Design for the Dark Mode in XFCE isn't updated for Kdenlive

I think it is now the default in KDE since a long time, I also remember reports of people saying some settings in KDE have been reset in previous updates, my guess is that settings that never have been manually set previously got overriden with the new defaults. You can still set it back to single click in the system settings, the general workspace behavior.

2 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by