[Stable Update] 2020-05-31 - Kernels, Toolchain, KDE Apps, Gnome, Cinnamon, Deepin

Thanks but I've seen this before; catfish - zeitgeist, had to remove zeitgeist. That's why I thought I better ask first... :grinning:

I think you're misremembering: catfish/zeitgeist were in conflict and could not be installed at the same time.
These are just warnings about installation order - no package conflicts.

1 Like

Updating Grub-Bootmenu
/usr/bin/grub-probe: error: failed to get canonical path of `/dev/ata-WDC_WD5000AAKS-00UU3A0_WD-WCAYU3844359-part2'.
Error while configuring
Error: command failed to execute correctly

Got this error when upgrading from "pamac", but everything is fine...

Hi,
now guayadeque depends from jsoncpp to work.

jsoncpp must be added to necessary dependencies required by guayadeque to work

1 Like

Update on 12 Systems and 1 VM without Problems.

DK3

1 Like

Hello.. it's been a month they reverted the GTK_USE_PORTAL=1 thing :sweat_smile: because of that issue https://gitlab.manjaro.org/profiles-and-settings/manjaro-kde-settings/-/issues/19

edit /etc/xdg/plasma-workspace/env/envars.sh

That's an AUR package. You can let the maintainer know on the AUR page.

upgrading xf86-input-libinput...
upgrading xf86-input-synaptics...
>>> xf86-input-synaptics driver is on maintenance mode and
    xf86-input-libinput driver must be prefered over.

What does this mean? I thought xf86-input-synaptics is already outdated.

Did not went very smoothly on my side. I reported a bug that I got with Pamac here.

just remove that lock file if you really quit pamac/pacman in the middle of the "thing"
probably, one lock file more than necessary is a sign of caution. do your updates with patience, if you can, wait until bugs are caught in this thread..
cheers!

a cache of packages is kept for good reason. for fine tuning, perhaps you can use something like '# paccache -k1' to keep only one version of backup for packages installed.. that is from community/pacman-contrib but not sure that works with manjaro anymore (sorry)! cheers!

1 Like

There's an option in the GUI for the number of versions of packages to keep. I only remove the package cache after I copied them to my HDD.
You have a very nice day sir!

Somehow the update removed my locale, but I easily re-added it in Manjaro Settings Manager. I had to redo mkinitcpio by reinstalling linux56 and all its modules, and it's all good now.

No issues on my machine running kde. I was honestly amazed given that almost 500 packages got updated for me. Way to go Manjaro Team!!!!

In manjaro cinnamon, I have a problem with pamac tray. After I install a program or update, the pamac tray icon freezes and is not responding any more.

Pamac is now simply hanging on "preparation" every time I try to install a package.
Not usable any more. Bad update for me...

Updated on Lenovo T420s, Gnome, Linux 5.6. All went well and everything is working. I had to restore some of Gnome's settings but it seems to me like the DE is working faster after the update.

Awesome work Manjaro Team!

Packages (421)
Total Download Size: 1336.37 MiB
Total Installed Size: 4417.18 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: 44.73 MiB

Biggest ever update in my decade of using Linux distro and updated successfully without any issue. Great work. Thanks.

Just a little problem with microsoft-office-online-jak, replaced by microsoft-office-web-jak. The package is no longer listed as explicitly installed after replacement, so listed in orphans. Just one click and it's solved, but some have to be careful with orphans removing.

Edit : seems quite long to leave sleeping mode, anyone encountering same issue ?

Hi, thx for info. That issue didn't bother me, because although FF was not set as primary browser, act like that...

So, if I'm following it correctly - I should erase "GTK_USE_PORTAL=1" from my system and set it in "manjaro-system-settings"? (I will be able to check it in my PC in evening, but I'm not sure, that there is such possibility / option ...)

EDIT: I have erased "GTK_USE_PORTAL=1"and in "envars.sh" a commented in and out that, but it does nothing - no KDE file selection.

EDIT2: Now I see - I'm supposed to wait when update gets to stable branch. Right?

Forum kindly sponsored by