[Stable Update] 2020-07-19 - Kernels, KDE, LibreOffice, Mesa, Cinnamon, Deepin, Pamac, Browsers

Give some time to the mirrors to get the new stuff. It can take several hours.

1 Like

I have made the update on three computers:
1 * KDE and 2 * XFCE.

The KDE computer: system tray icon (on the system tray right hand side)-> system update notifier is grayed out.

My region format got reset to the same as my system language (en_US).
I just changed it back (de_DE) the Plasma settings panel.

Everything else working great!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: gdm crashes after update

Had to install ttf-dejavu (as mentioned in the initial post) and change my system language format back to german. Other than that, everything is fine.

Thanks for your work, guys. It's really appreciated.

3 posts were split to a new topic: System update notifier icon is black and broken

This was a big one, so I report here:
xfce, ivy bridge i7-3517, 390xx bumblebee, ...smooth, ventoy gave me a little hickup, so I deleted it to go along with my update.
Noticed a /etc/fonts.conf.pacnew.
Other than that... smooth.

Edit: chromium 84 has now vaapi support :heart_eyes:

oh oh...massive update

but all went fine here (KDE)

On KDE, the desktop effects weren't working like the background contrast, fading popups, blur, etc. Had to re-enable all of them after disabling them to fix it.

Hey,
On gnome i had a session expired, i haven't see the process update.. :sweat:
Anyway, i wait 'till reboot and all seem to go fine :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Just updated a Surface Pro 4 (w/ Arch Surface Kernel) running Gnome. Everything went smoothly. Interestingly, "tap to click" was turned off after the update, but was able to switch it back on and everything works normally.

Thank you Manjaro team!

you can run

pacman-mirrors --status
2 Likes

The update was fine. My xfce4-terminal font is different now - Monospace Regular. What was the default font before update?

I have Manjaro KDE, but use i3 as my main WM. The update wanted to replace xorg-font-utils with xorg-font-utils-misc, which I accepted. Now the fonts are off in dmenu, kitty and possibly other places. Any fix for this?

Please read the Known Issues post. It's there for a reason.

3 Likes

Hello,
There is a little display bug with the KDE Breath2 dark theme: the redshift and pamac icons are now black instead of white. You can see them between the bin and the clipboard.
icons

Otherwise, everything is fine.

2 Likes

A smooth, trouble-free update to three Manjaro KDE 5.4.x LTS machines! Thanks to the Manjaro team!

Updated two Xfce machines. Mac mini went smoothly. Lenovo IdeaPad got stuck booting right after update. I finally powered it off with the switch and restarted. Since then, it's booting up like normal.

telegram is not following gtk theme anymore image fixed with settings

activities screen in gnome is completely bugged and unusable now grafik
it will work once, but any time after that it will show whats on the screenshot

edit: journalctl gives this warning when i open activity

JS ERROR: TypeError: area is null
padArea@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/workspace.js:1101:9
_updateWindowPositions@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/workspace.js:1334:20
_realRecalculateWindowPositions@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/workspace.js:1311:14
_recalculateWindowPositions/this._positionWindowsId<@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/workspace.js:1286:18

JS ERROR: TypeError: area is null
padArea@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/workspace.js:1101:9
_updateWindowPositions@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/workspace.js:1334:20
_realRecalculateWindowPositions@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/workspace.js:1311:14
_recalculateWindowPositions/this._positionWindowsId<@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/workspace.js:1286:18

Go to your icon theme folder edit index.theme and set: FollowsColorScheme=true to FollowsColorScheme=false

Works most of the time.

3 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by