Strange problem accessing NTFS folders

I don't know how to properly name this, but look at this image (https://imgur.com/a/J8VWpmx) This is from my Windows NTFS drive. I just finished reinstalling both my Windows and Manjaro, I followed everything according to ([HowTo] Dual-boot Manjaro - Windows 10 - Step by Step) and disabled things like fast startup, but for some reason accessing my NTFS through Manjaro looks weird. I don't know what those colors mean, since I can both read and write to those folders, but the strangest part is that the OneDrive folder is not accessible through the terminal and Dolphin outright doesn't even see it. Does anyone know what the deal is with this?

1 Like

The colors are normal, they are warning you about the permissions on those files. It is because they are directories which are writable by all users.

Then why is the OneDrive folder different?

Because the directory permissions are unreadable.

Any idea how to fix it?

See how you go here:

The arch wiki mentions getting that error if you have folder compression enabled on that folder. Is that the case here?

I don't think so. I've never compressed anything there

Never mind, I apologize, I rushed things too quickly again. It turns out it was caused by OneDrive's option (in windows) that offers to sync office files or something in the second-last settings tab. After disabling that its permissions returned to normal

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by