Switching from Manjaro to Windows

The best way to create a Windows 10 boot image:
is to download the iso image from the Microsoft side and burn this image to a Blu-Ray 25GB.

I recommend to install Windows and Linux parallel.

If you are really struggling that much after the solution has been given to you, it would be better to take the PC to a local repair shop and have them reinstall windows for you.

4 Likes

Perhaps you could set up a dual boot and use Linux for your work, and switch to Windows for play? As others point out, Windows has more deliberate holes than a colander, and is not very stable either. Another way to go would be to use a VM like VirtualBox and install a Linux distro with a lightweight GUI like LXDE for working, which would allow you to do things without rebooting.

A user that can't even figure out how to install Windoze, is hardly likely to be able to grasp how to set up a proper dual boot.

Why oh why is this thread even still alive on a Linux forum. If you want to install Windoze and still can't manage it after all the good advice you've been given here then take it to a repair shop or go waste peoples time on a Windows support forum.

I've still got Windows 95 on 27 floppy disks I can lend you if you really need Windows that badly. :smile:

9 Likes

Apparently, etcher doesn't work anymore, my bad for misleading you.
To make a bootable usb:

1. Mount your USB stick (>=8gb is recommended),
  2. Go to Disks -> Select mounted USB -> Click three dots on the right top corner,
  3. Format disk [only(select MBR/DOS option in Format disk prompt but don't add any additional partition apart from it)],
  4. Go to Add/Remove Software and build WoeUSB (if it doesn't appear on the list make sure AUR support is enabled in the settings),
  5. Turn on WoeUSB -> Select Windows ISO in the From a disk image(iso) section,
  6. Set file system to NTFS -> Select Targeted Device to your usb,
  7. Press Install.

Attention:

• Don't panic if it looks like it's stuck and you get a prompt "Program is not responding" this process took me about an hour on a slow pendrive.
  • If "Installing for i386-pc platform" prompt will take more than 10 minutes just cancel it and try to run the installer(it should work regardless).
  • Legacy didn't work for me so be sure to select UEFI one during installation.
1 Like

I can create bootbale windows easy with WoeUSB, dont forget format with GPT if you use UEFI bios and format with NTFS.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by