Hello, I've been having some system freezes after closing YouTube tab. I use Firefox (updated to the latest) and it seems that from time to time the system hangs or is either slow or freezed with HDD usage. I don't know what actually causes this to be able to reproduce the thing, but it happened 2 times after I closed the YouTube tab after watching for 30 mins or 1 hour. Everything works perfectly fine, and then when I close it, the system starts hanging and the disk seems to be loading something for 1 or 2 minutes until it stops and everything goes back to normal. I tried opening KSysGuard to see what it was but it opened only the window frame and it loaded only after the loading was done so basically it was pointless. I leave the inxi command text down below just in case it's useful:
System: Host: Orianna Kernel: 4.14.47-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.1.0 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.12.5 tk: Qt 5.11.0 Distro: Manjaro Linux 17.1.10 Hakoila Machine: Type: Desktop Mobo: ASUSTeK model: P8H61-M LX3 R2.0 v: Rev X.0x serial: <filter> BIOS: American Megatrends v: 1107 date: 02/25/2014 CPU: Topology: Dual Core model: Intel Core i3-3220 bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Ivy Bridge rev: 9 L2 cache: 3072 KiB flags: lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx bogomips: 26413 Speed: 1601 MHz min/max: 1600/3300 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1600 2: 1601 3: 1601 4: 1600 Graphics: Card-1: Intel Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor Graphics driver: i915 v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0 Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.19.6 driver: intel unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa resolution: 1366x768~60Hz OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Ivybridge Desktop v: 4.2 Mesa 18.0.4 direct render: Yes Audio: Card-1: Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Family High Definition Audio driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 00:1b.0 Card-2: Logitech HD Webcam C525 type: USB driver: snd-usb-audio,uvcvideo bus ID: 2:4 Sound Server: ALSA v: k4.14.47-1-MANJARO Network: Card-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver: r8168 v: 8.045.08-NAPI port: e000 bus ID: 03:00.0 IF: enp3s0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter> Drives: HDD Total Size: 232.89 GiB used: 18.36 GiB (7.9%) ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Western Digital model: WD2500JS-08NCB1 size: 232.89 GiB Partition: ID-1: / size: 28.57 GiB used: 18.36 GiB (64.3%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda6 ID-2: swap-1 size: 7.96 GiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda5 Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 29.8 C mobo: 27.8 C Fan Speeds (RPM): cpu: 0 Info: Processes: 170 Uptime: 2h 09m Memory: 7.68 GiB used: 2.08 GiB (27.1%) Init: systemd Compilers: gcc: 8.1.0 Shell: bash v: 4.4.19 inxi: 3.0.10
There have been 2 updates or so in the past week, I think that's where the issues began. Also my GPU died (had an R9 270x) and I had to take it out and use Intel's graphics (which by the way it's an i3 3220 not a Xeon, clarifying that in case that matters) so I don't know if that affects something too. Thanks a lot
Edit: In case it's needed and I forgot (don't know if it shows up in the command text) I'm using Manjaro KDE, updated to the latest (last updates were yesterday).