Hello, I have noticed performance issues since Manjaro installation ~1 year back.
Animations are laggy, moving windows is laggy too, (in world of warcraft i noticed big tearing but fps was good, if it helps solving problem), switching windows is slow, opening appdrawer takes time, then it come in with laggy animation... even scrolling in google-chrome is bit laggy
when i reboot, it is for few minutes better, then it goes to hell.
another issue which i found is when i copy more data from 1 external HDD to 2nd external HDD, from start speed is great, ~100MB/s then it drop to USB2.0 speed limit of 2nd HDD and desktop is sometimes unresponsive, laggy, sometimes it cause freeze, i could not even move with mouse. i found that mount.ntfs was using ~15% CPU. but I remember that some time before, I was copying data to/from my manjaro HDD and it cause this problem too. Bigger the copy speed is, issues are worse.
Sometimes starting VM's in virtualbox cause freeze on VM booting system, so i need to reboot whole notebook.
I found that i have 3GiB in swap now, but memory is filled by 67% (5.2/7.7GB), is this normal behaviour?
Manjaro was installed with official gnome, stable channel, with encryption (automatic config from installer), on /dev/sdb
Today i needed to diagnose customer's PC, so i used manjaro bootable USB (same image that I used to install manjaro on my system) and it was performing great in live environment, without tearing, lagging, everything was smooth like in different universe... that points me to this thread.
computer was i3 4th gen, 4GB RAM and integrated GPU, which should be in performance same as mine notebook or not?
can you help me resolve this issue?
running on xorg, gnome 3.30, gpu drivers are correct i think...
I don't even know where to start...
inxi -Fxxxz output:
System: Host: xxxxxx Kernel: 4.14.74-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.2.1 Desktop: Gnome 3.30.1 wm: gnome-shell dm: GDM 3.30.0 Distro: Manjaro Linux Machine: Type: Laptop System: HP product: HP ProBook 440 G3 v: N/A serial: <filter> Chassis: type: 10 serial: <filter> Mobo: HP model: 8100 v: KBC Version 40.71 serial: <filter> UEFI: HP v: N78 Ver. 01.27 date: 05/22/2018 Battery: ID-1: BAT0 charge: 49.9 Wh condition: 51.6/51.6 Wh (100%) volts: 11.9/10.7 model: Hewlett-Packard Primary type: Li-ion serial: <filter> status: Discharging CPU: Topology: Dual Core model: Intel Core i5-6200U bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Skylake rev: 3 L2 cache: 3072 KiB flags: lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx bogomips: 19204 Speed: 400 MHz min/max: 400/2300 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 467 2: 432 3: 400 4: 400 Graphics: Device-1: Intel Skylake GT2 [HD Graphics 520] vendor: Hewlett-Packard driver: i915 v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0 chip ID: 8086:1916 Display: x11 server: X.org 1.20.1 driver: i915 compositor: gnome-shell resolution: <xdpyinfo missing> OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 520 (Skylake GT2) v: 4.5 Mesa 18.2.2 compat-v: 3.0 direct render: Yes Audio: Device-1: Intel Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio vendor: Hewlett-Packard driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 00:1f.3 chip ID: 8086:9d70 Sound Server: ALSA v: k4.14.74-1-MANJARO Network: Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet vendor: Hewlett-Packard driver: r8168 v: 8.045.08-NAPI port: 3000 bus ID: 01:00.0 chip ID: 10ec:8168 IF: enp1s0 state: down mac: <filter> Device-2: Intel Wireless 3165 driver: iwlwifi v: kernel port: 3000 bus ID: 02:00.0 chip ID: 8086:3165 IF: wlp2s0 state: up mac: <filter> Drives: Local Storage: total: 685.61 GiB used: 171.85 GiB (25.1%) ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Kingston model: SHSS37A480G size: 447.13 GiB speed: 6.0 Gb/s serial: <filter> rev: 00.Y scheme: GPT ID-2: /dev/sdb vendor: SanDisk model: SD7SN6S-256G-1006 size: 238.47 GiB speed: 6.0 Gb/s serial: <filter> rev: 1006 scheme: GPT Partition: ID-1: / size: 224.77 GiB used: 168.89 GiB (75.1%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/dm-0 ID-2: swap-1 size: 8.80 GiB used: 2.95 GiB (33.6%) fs: swap dev: /dev/dm-1 Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 41.0 C mobo: 0.0 C Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A Info: Processes: 314 Uptime: 4d 3h 06m Memory: 7.69 GiB used: 4.30 GiB (55.9%) Init: systemd v: 239 Compilers: gcc: 8.2.1 Shell: bash v: 4.4.23 running in: guake inxi: 3.0.26