System update notifier icon is black and broken

I was tired to keep give my password ... so i removed it and made tests with the script keep increasing the time. :sweat_smile:

When the appindicator gets updated will the it appear again in autostart?

Recently, nothing can be deleted in Dolphin with administrator rights, is there a way to circumvent this restriction?

I did;

cd /etc/xdg/autostart
sudo rm -rf pamac-tray-appindicator.desktop
1 Like

thanx

Yes, but i spoke with @guinux - not at computer right now, and will be back in some time, till then there will be a proper fix i'm sure. Either we will modify the desktop file as @Strit mentioned.

So, by making the /etc/xdg/autostart/pamac-tray-appindicator.desktop like this:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Update Notifier Appindicator
Icon=update-notifier
Exec=sleep 1m && pamac-tray-appindicator
Terminal=false
Type=Application
StartupNotify=true
OnlyShowIn=KDE;

Actually works too on another install. Now i have to see why on the other install i had to use 2m
I will make another test on the third install and see if that time can be reduced, even tho is not so important.

If you already removed the /etc/xdg/autostart/pamac-tray-appindicator.desktop then you can reinstall the package and the file will be recreated.
sudo pacman -S pamac-tray-appindicator
Then modify it.

3 Likes

The Pamac tray indicator we're talking about here? Does the black color of the icon mean it is invisible? What exactly does it mean to be broken? Does the error only occur on Plasma, or on Xfce and Mate as well? Should I wait with the package update until the bug fixes?

I think that would be preferable anyways.. pamac tray indicator stuff doesnt need to load immediately

Seems GreenWithEnvy's tray icon is similar to Pamac tray icon. Quitting and relaunching fixes the icon for both. Only the autostart is wonky...

Dolphin-root-delete
Why not?

because the root-actions have not been available in the Dolphin for some time, unless you install them separately. But that's exactly what I wanted to avoid.

To me that means some related Plasma service/module that render the Tray are starting slower than before, or this two application are starting too quick, hence i tested with a delay. Try that too with your launcher for GreenWitEnvy.

Yeah, i'll ask for this to be implemented in the package.

Welcome back

:robot:

On Xfce everything is as it should be. So it's more likely to be related to plasma, as @bogdancovaciu said.

I'll give this a try.

On a side-note, .desktop files for either of these don't have an icon. Is this intentional? As I haven't browsed these folders before, I got nothing to compare to.

Edit: Setting a 30-second delay was enough for me.

Currently only running into the blurry icon problem, not it missing or the wrong theme color. However, I'm noticing y'all have the default, Breeze/KDE icon (rotating arrow circle with up arrow in the middle), whereas mine is a shield with a check-mark even though I'm using the Breeze Dark icons. Thoughts?Screenshot_20200720_173659

The Tray icons are taken from /usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/NAME_OF_THEME/icons/ ... those are special icons.
If that Plasma Style is not Breath2 or Breath variant, then most likely do not have the Pamac icon then Pamac icon will be taken either from the default user icon theme, or from the scalable hicolor icons.

1 Like

I fixed it the same way I fixed duplicates in Latte Dock.
usr/share/applications then open pamac-xxxx.desktop and add the last line (pic included):

Thanks for trying to help, but please do not post images of text. Copy+Paste and format properly using the </> button.

1 Like

Fixed what exactly? You are not addressing the pamac-tray-appindicator whatsoever.

Forum kindly sponsored by