[Testing Update] 2017-05-15 - Kernels, Mesa, KDE-Framework, LibreOffice, Cinnamon

Hi community,

after our last huge stable update, we are working on our next one. Therefore Bernhard prepared Cinnamon v3.4, I worked on some Kernel updates, Guillaume fixed some things in Pamac, Arnt pushed out some updates to Octopi and we have the regular upstream updates like LibreOffice, Mesa, KDE-Framework, Python and Haskell.

Please test and give us feedback as usual

Current supported Kernels

• linux310 3.10.105
  • linux312 3.12.74 [EOL]
  • linux316 3.16.42
  • linux318 3.18.52
  • linux41 4.1.39
  • linux44 4.4.68
  • linux48 4.8.17 [EOL]
  • linux49 4.9.28
  • linux410 4.10.16
  • linux411 4.11.1
  • linux412 4.12-rc1 (x86_64)
  • linux-RT-LTS 4.4.66_rt79 (x86_64)
  • linux-RT 4.9.27_rt17 (x86_64)

Package Updates (Mon May 15 09:38:50 CEST 2017)

• testing community i686: 123 new and 105 removed package(s)
  • testing community x86_64: 139 new and 121 removed package(s)
  • testing core i686: 13 new and 13 removed package(s)
  • testing core x86_64: 15 new and 13 removed package(s)
  • testing extra i686: 267 new and 261 removed package(s)
  • testing extra x86_64: 281 new and 262 removed package(s)
  • testing multilib x86_64: 4 new and 0 removed package(s)

A detailed package list can be found here.

• No issues, everything went smoothly
  • Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
  • Yes I am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)

0 voters

Check if your mirror has already synced:

2 Likes

No issues but it did take my desktop a little longer to start up

Is cinnamon already in testing? Then I could go back to testing from unstable.

EDIT: Everything went well with the Netzspielplatz Server. - Waiting for the Austrian Server to sync. :slight_smile:

As often happens to me after an update, Grub does not see any other system apart from Manjaro.
After a reboot i had to manually update-grub to restore.
Othen than this, all went good, thank you Manjaro Team!

Manjaro Kde Plasma.
Linux 4.10.16-1-MANJARO

The 411 kernel seems to be more faster than 410 now, and way more faster than the 412 (but that is expected somehow).
All the update went smooth.
Just one question for you @philm or somebody else that knows more about this. I still don't understand why Info Center shows me the wrong version of KDE Framework while on terminal i get the correct version by
kf5-config -v in Konsole
Took this screenshot while typing this ... Cheers!

I had problems with gstreamer 0.1 conflicts... I simply removed it and then the install ran fine.

Update went well for 2 machines

try logout and login to reload KDE :wink:
It shows 5.34 here

I boot/reboot my system every day...
Since the 5.33 roll out i saw that Info Center gets that information incorrect. Never found an explanation nor a fix. Is not a big deal, just cosmetics and because i want to understand things, i ask. On VM everything seems to be normal.
Thanks anyway :wink:

Why? You already got the updates, right?

To let you know. Initial Polkit integration has landet with Framework 5.34

It's now possible to edit root files with kate/kwrite. It'll ask for the password when you try to save.

3 Likes

Yes, but I wanted to switch from unstable back to testing. - The Austrian server was synced about an hour later. - Now nothing can go wrong because of conflicting packages (package xy v. 1.1.1.1 is newer than in the community repo package xy 0.1.1.1)

Everything's okay. - And I'm so happy with my brand new, cutting edge cinnamon 3.4. :wink:

Well isnt that just going to hush the raucus masses ?

It's the first part of a GSoC project to implement Polkit in KIO. Because running graphical apps as root is bad and shouldnt be allowed anymore :wink:

Yes, discussed in another thread here.

The screen says Root Privileges, but Password it wants is YOUR password.
It should just say that Authentication is required, like every other place in KDE where sudo password is needed. Instead they seemed to have added a third request screen, that mentions root, but doesn't want root's password.

Another oversight - probably riding on someones [false] presumption that root and user passwords are same, cuz thats how you do admin :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Polkit is not sudo.

To edit the file it needs of course root privileges, but it does not ask to enter to root passwort, but the password to grand yourself root privileges. In manjaros implementation of Polkit, This seems to be the main users password.

Forum kindly sponsored by