[Testing Update] 2018-02-13 - Kernels, LibreOffice, Systemd, Firefox Dev

Ok, I just removed like 30 packages (and their dependencies) and a reboot went fine :D.

Anyway, this update went through without problems, thanks.

1 Like

Replaced all.
Update successed.

I had the same issue on multiple systems -- removed libxfont and the update went through.

1 Like

It worked for me too. I now just wait for all the complaints and questions in the forum when this update is making it to the stable branch although philm surely will write about it in the announcements. :wink:

3 Likes

The update worked for me as well.

No issues during update, have noticed a few packages seem to be dropped to AUR though which is moaning at me to update now...

dropped-aur

EDIT: All good, i see whats happening now, AUR has newer versions so it wants me to update from there, they havent been dropped...

There's a typo on the title (it states 2017-02-13).

1 Like

On my main computer
A. Still present
1. Adding my printer without workaround;
2. Shaky menu in Cinnamon with Adapta theme.

B. New issue

Nothing new so far

Manjaro Cinnamon
Kernel 4.14
Did the update with Pamac

On a virtual machine, starting from a fresh installation of Manjaro 17.1.4 MATE

Still have the same issue than I had on unstable with Firefox.

error: firefox: signature from "Philip Müller (Called Little) <philm@manjaro.org>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/firefox-58.0.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I could update the whole system by uninstalling Firefox, then proceed to the update.

However, I can't directly reinstall Firefox from repo; I still get the exact same error as I had before if I try to install it again via Pamac or pacman. To reinstall Firefox again, I had to keep the package downloaded when I tried with pacman, then had to manually install Firefox with Pamac with the package file localized in /var/cache/pacman/pkg.

This is really annoying.

Outside of that, in a VM, the update from a fresh 17.1.4 MATE installation went correctly on my side.

Is libxfont superseded by libxfont2 ? Why are you removing libxfont ?

You are probably correct. I just updated/edited the wiki.

[Unstable] Update failure - xorgproto package dependency issues

I (also) had both libxfont and libxfont2 installed. libxfont had been orphaned for a while but I had not cleaned it up yet, since it was still listed as required by some packages when I last checked, but today it listed none. shrug. libxfont2 is still listed by xorg-server as a depenency so I left that alone.

Worked for me.

KDE Plasma, GeForce GT630, nvidia driver. All content on the screen (video in browser, video in smplayer, application windows, mouse cursor) have micro freezes at the same moment every 15-20 seconds. It looks like bug 12309 symptom, but it doesn't matter to I/O or CPU load.

What the hell is that, and how to fix it? It annoying!

UPD:

glxinfo

Error: unable to open display

WAAAT??

UPD2: sorry, it's my fault, it cause "nvidia-drm.modeset=1" in kernel cmdline

I reuploaded my package to fix the issue with firefox. @Ste74, @oberon. Please remove our overlay package of firefox when Arch has a higher version than we do. Same packages with our signatures don't work.

3 Likes

I had to remove libxfont before updating. Smooth update after.

I'am too, work fine.

Since I cannot reproduce the issue maybe it would be good you report it upstream:

Already did a few days ago. Marked as "unable to reproduce".

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by