[Testing Update] 2018-03-14 - Kernels, Browsers, Nvidia, Xorg, KDE Frameworks, Deepin

After doing what you suggested, it seems that the script is not invoked by the update. I don't have other explanation because there is nothing in Terminal different than previously when the

was not there in place.
If i run manually the command:
sudo rm -f /usr/lib/firefox{,-developer-edition}/distribution/distribution.ini
the files are removed fine in both folders (firefox and the developer one).

What should i test next? I still have one hour at disposal :smiley:

Just updated my Lappy's KDE. I ticked the "No Issues" vote, above. There was one minor & transient scare though; after the update had finished & i tried to reboot, once the plasmadesktop had closed, the pc froze with a screen of unintelligible [to me] messages, & REISUB did not help, i had to hard-poweroff. Its reboot & login all went well, so it was obviously nothing fatal.

In deepin the wallpaper for LightDM got reset to default, keyboard layout indicator doesn't show the change of layout, the dock takes a bit long to appear.

How you did the test? You have force downgrade of ff?

I have multiple clones of the same install ... stable, testing and unstable that are also cloned, so i can replicate multiple situations without "manual" intervention or changes i did previously ... Is the only way i can keep track of things. I forget a lot lately and i also have to take notes. :smiley:

1 Like

If you have issues with /usr/lib/firefox/distribution/distribution.ini please check with pacman -Qo /usr/lib/firefox/distribution/distribution.ini which package owns it. We don't trigger for firefox-kde package yet.

error: No package owns /usr/lib/firefox/distribution/distribution.ini

I solved the distribution.ini on my main install, but i thought i might give some help to identify why the file is not deleted during the update, and i don't know how i could assist better than report back to @Ste74 what i did and how :slight_smile:

Before you start the update, can you check if is present the distribution.ini file? In your system? Assuming is the regular firefox..

Yes, the file is present in those installs, and is the regular firefox.
I presume the manjaro-browser-settings-pre should be owned, triggered by the manjaro-browser-settings-pre.hook but my wild guess is that doesn't happen during the update ...

Updated Xfce within the last hour, no issues so far.
Thanks for the update and hard work. :grinning:

I suspect this: before we do distribution.ini in the folder and prehook found it.. Now not because we have moved in /etc folder. Post hook move our file in the right place but with install command so tonight i modify the pre with a if sratement and post with a cp -f command to force the override.. But is only a supposing

1 Like

Updated xfce 4.15 with no issues

Also got the issue with distribution.ini. Not owned by any package. As above had no problem with the previous firefox 59 a few hours ago. Just manually deleted the ini and everything went fine. :cat:

For those having the Firefox language issue, check this:

1 Like

For anyone with distribution.ini issue please wait new manjaro-browser-settings pkg ( i correct the hooks this evening when come back to home ) or remove manually the file. When the new pkg is ready i write in this thread and @bogdancovaciu and @Pepito if you can test it ... :wink: very appreciated

5 Likes

I have this after Firefox-59 update on every Manjaro Forums page:

Cannot load app
It looks like you are offline! Please check your network connection and try again.

after I reload page it went

Pretty sure this is an unresolved issue with the forum software and not related to the update. See here https://archived.forum.manjaro.org/t/cant-access-forum-directly-from-url-on-pc/36138 and here https://archived.forum.manjaro.org/t/regularly-cant-load-forum/42227 for example.

1 Like

4.15.9 Manjaro Plasma, Asus Z97 I7-4790, NVidiaGTX750 390.42. pacman -Syyu. First attempt failed due to distribution.ini. Removed it and update was successful. On reboot attempting forum got the offline message. Other than that no problems. Thanks to the posters here, the devs and the maintainers.

Regards

Again a solid update, no problems seen here.
And again, the programs got smaller. I wrote that already with the previous update, now I have proof:
Screenshot_20180314_182001
Manjaro is not a good one for the HD or SSD industry. :laughing:

1 Like

@bogdancovaciu @Pepito please test now with manjaro-browser-settings-20180314-2 already in testing and anyone want test it :wink:

2 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by