[Testing Update] 2020-03-22 - KDE-Git, Matcha, Manjaro-Asian-Input-Support, Haskell, Python

The package matcha-gtk-theme-20200322-1-any.pkg.tar.zst has broken some things in the Matcha-aliz theme, particularly within Firefox 74.0 (firefox-74.0-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst). Specifically, something in the file /usr/share/themes/Matcha-aliz/gtk-3.0/gtk.css has changed so that selected text in Firefox is no longer shown inverted, thus rendering selections "invisible" to the user. Both the Matcha-azul and Matcha-sea themes seem to work fine.

Package matcha-gtk-theme-20200321-1-any.pkg.tar.zst has the same problem. Reverting back to package matcha-gtk-theme-20200315-1-any.pkg.tar.zst fixes the problem.

I am examining diffs of the two gtk.css files, but honestly my ignorance of CSS makes it difficult to see what's wrong. Perhaps one of you CSS wizards can spot the problem immediately. :nerd_face:

1 Like

2020-03-24 has been released, I imagine that should fix things.

More and more I am comming to the conclusion, that it has to do with the time period. A suspend for an hour is mostly a miss, overnight (tonight) it's a hit...hmm...

My understanding was that these things were fixed in the 5.6 kernel (there was a discussion about it in the kernels). I was hoping/fingers crossed that it would be backported to the LTSes but...

Thanks

With the Matcha themes, the rendering of mousepad or gedit is faulty.
Here is gedit:
Capture d’écran_2020-03-26_01-01-26
Here is mousepad:
Capture d’écran_2020-03-26_01-00-58

I tested another theme (Arc-Darker) without any problem.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by