TLP startup

Hallo people,

I've got some issues with my TLP on manjaro xfce: TLP only "starts" or literally "runs", when I'm on AC mode. When I boot in battery mode, the system shows me, that it runs, but the laptop is so loud [it may be the cooler of the processor] you can imagine [CPU usage about 23%]. When I plug the AC in, TLP "starts" or "is doing its job", so the laptop noise decrease and my plank shows me between 1,7 and 11% CPU usage and no noisy cooler sounds.

Do you have an idea what is my problem? Thank you

greetings
enzo

This is my system:

--- TLP 1.2.1 --------------------------------------------

+++ System Info
System         = LENOVO ThinkPad X230 2325TRN
BIOS           = G2ET92WW (2.52 )
Release        = "Manjaro Linux"
Kernel         = 4.19.34-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Apr 6 08:28:55 UTC 2019 x86_64
/proc/cmdline  = BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.19-x86_64 root=UUID=4f90d069-b8bb-4625-ba31-dca3e814af77 rw quiet splash resume=UUID=b1448c71-b546-4fde-880d-4ddb01f5fc6a
Init system    = systemd 
Boot mode      = UEFI

+++ TLP Status
State          = enabled
RDW state      = enabled
Last run       = 22:37:10,    474 sec(s) ago
Mode           = AC
Power source   = AC

Have you merged the new settings from TLP 1.2.1? Check for a /etc/default/tlp.pacnew and merge it into /etc/default/tlp.

no, I didn't. I would try, but I don't know how do I merge files...

Worth reading:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Pacnew_and_Pacsave

Post back with any questions.

1 Like

I think I understand now, what pacnew etc are.
I downloaded meld to compare both files.
Meld says both files a similar. But it also says I it can't open tlp because it oder I have no authoritization (only root).
Also I did not find a butto to merge them...
Do you have another app that can merge these two files?

DIFFPROG=meld pacdiff
is the proper way, if you havent set DIFFPROG variable, or dont have or cant use vimdiff.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by