Totem unable to see DLNA/UPnP server

I've just installed a fresh Manjaro Gnome system on a new laptop and all is well except for a problem with Totem. It is unable to see my DLNA/UPnP media server on the local network. VLC installed on the same system can see the media server and play the videos without any problem. On another laptop on the same local network, running Antergos, Totem finds and displays the videos without any issues.

I've searched but have not found a solution to the problem. I've also tried to see if I can find any differences between the Manjaro and Antergos systems that might account for it, but no luck here either.

When I run Totem from the command line, this is the error message:

(totem:15494): Grilo-WARNING **: 20:18:06.351: [dleyna] ../grilo-plugins/src/dleyna/grl-dleyna-servers-manager.c:138: Unable to fetch the list of available servers: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name com.intel.dleyna-server was not provided by any .service files

Any help would be much appreciated.

Did you installed the optional dependency dleyna-server for the grilo-plugins package?

2 Likes

Thank You @xabbu!

I searched pacman for "dlenya" and couldn't find any matching packages. grilo-plugins must have been previously installed without the optional dleyna-server dependency and installing it solved the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by