Touchpad issue on Acer Laptop

Hello everyone

I run a dual boot with Windows 10 and Manjaro XFCE on my Acer Aspire laptop and the touchpad doesn't work after sleep on Manjaro most of the time. I am well aware that this issue is caused by a BIOS setting that is set to Advanced mode instead of Basic. However, switching to basic would disable the multitouch gestures that I love using so much on Windows 10. Is there any solution other than changing this setting? I already upgraded kernel from 4.19.36-1 to 5.0.9-2 and nothing changed.

I have read similar questions and they all ended up switching to Basic, but I really don't want to do that at all. I've been using a mouse and given up on the touchpad for the last couple months because I'd rather keep it like this than not having multitouch on W10.

Same issue. Mine is the Acer Predator Helios 300.
Looking for the fix.

Hi Joshitha. Unfortunately, I still haven't found a way to fix it without giving up the Advanced mode. Let's hope for a fix on future updates.

@maroov go through the thread here and see the fix for it. I managed to get the touchpad working in the Advanced mode itself

hope it helps you as well

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by