Triggers stick in emulators, Logitech F310 gamepad

Greetings, all. I picked up a logitech F310 gamepad and it works great when I'm using it in Steam. However, when I'm using an emulator the L2 and R2 buttons appear to "stick" after they're pressed. For example, if those triggers control screen/map rotation then unless I hold down the trigger the map will appear to continue to spin after tapping the trigger. Is there a fix or workaround for this? I've already got set in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ the file 50-joystick.conf with the following information:

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "joystick catchall"
        MatchIsJoystick "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "joystick"
        Option "StartKeysEnabled" "False"       #Disable mouse
        Option "StartMouseEnabled" "False"      #support
EndSection

As always, any help is appreciated

Edit: I figured out the why (I think) but now I need to figure out how to change it. Those triggers are being mapped as Axis -5 and Axis -2

It would be helpful to know a little more information such as what desktop your using and what emulator(s) your using. Because in alot of emulators such as M.A.M.E., Gens/GS, and ZSNES you can map your joystick buttons from within the emulator.

Sorry about the lack of info. I'm using gnome 3, and I only have this issue with PCSXR as I don't need those back triggers for ZSNES or FCEUX.

When I go to map those triggers in PCXSR they're displaying as axis -5 and axis -2

I use PCSXR as well with a very old Logitech Dual Action Gamepad which has worked great. My /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-joystick.conf looks the same as yours.

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "joystick catchall"
MatchIsJoystick "on"
MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
Driver "joystick"
Option "StartKeysEnabled" "False" #Disable mouse
Option "StartMouseEnabled" "False" #support
EndSection

So I really have no idea why your experiencing those problems. Maybe some reading here will help.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gamepad

Another thing that might help is making sure you have a good working plugin.

1 Like

It looks like that Pokopom should fix it, so now it's time to figure out how to install. Thanks!

I've read the gamepad archwiki about a half dozen times and it doesn't mention anything about this particular issue

Alot of people don't know you can use plugins in PCSXR. You just show hidden files in your home directory and place them in /home/yourname/.pcsxr/plugins. Then set them under Configuration Plugins & BIOS in PCSXR. Your welcome I hope it works out for you.

I have the same sticky problem whith the Logitech F310 when plugged in to my 10x Usb-Hub.
Got to research what's going on.

Also happens on the Dolphin EMU.

Forum kindly sponsored by