Triple monitor setup truble

Hi I'm having a bit of a problem displaying to my monitors. specifically I have a hp 27 ea and a hp 27 es. I should also mention that one of the monitors is plugged directly into the hdmi of the computer while the other is pluggedd into a hub from a thunderbolt cable also hdmi. As of today I'm tring to became a linux user and decided to use manjaro budgie as it had the most appeling graphics interface to me. So I am quite new to linux I do know a few commands. My main problem is that my monitors wont display anything nor will the show up in the settings, but i know that this is not a hardware problem as just earler today they were working with windows. I also know its not hardware as the monitors will show up in the nvidia x server settings panel. I have also made sure that the drive has been updated in the manjaro system settings page under hardware I am on video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx-prime. This should be the latest driver as far as i can tell. also i have tried to use xrandr to see if I can gleen some information from this but as far as i can tell theres nothing that can help but here it is non the less.
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 16384 x 16384
eDP-1 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 344mm x 194mm
1920x1080 240.00*+ 60.00
I also saw somewhere that this command might help grep "connected|disconnected" /var/log/Xorg.0.log so this is the output from it [ 5.852] (II) modeset(0): Output eDP-1 connected
[ 7.830] (--) NVIDIA(GPU-0): DFP-0: disconnected
[ 7.831] (--) NVIDIA(GPU-0): DFP-1: disconnected
[ 7.831] (--) NVIDIA(GPU-0): DFP-2: disconnected
[ 7.831] (--) NVIDIA(GPU-0): DFP-3: disconnected
[ 7.860] (--) NVIDIA(GPU-0): HP 27es (DFP-4): connected
[ 7.860] (--) NVIDIA(GPU-0): DFP-5: disconnected
[ 7.860] (--) NVIDIA(GPU-0): DFP-6: disconnected
also here is a screen shot with some more info.Screenshot from 2020-07-30 18-14-06
lastly thank you for reading this if you need anymore info from commands please tell me. I just want this fixed so i can become a linux user like you cool people.

Nevermind I found what I think is the problem. I was using the wrong drive when i changed it to the 435 driver instead of the 440 it started working.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by