TrueConf postinstall problems

Hi there,
As enterprise policy I must have TrueConf Client in order to use it in the video conferencing. I installed it from the AUR with yay. First I got some errors due to outdated libs but I rebuild it and right now I am having these issue.

/opt/trueconf/TrueConf: symbol lookup error: /opt/trueconf/lib/libboost_locale.so.1.63.0: undefined symbol: _ZTIN6icu_6517GregorianCalendarE

I did a google search but no results were found. I need your help here please, I need this running for the next Monday at first hour.

This is my hardware
Acer Predator Helios 300
CPU: 6-Core Intel Core i7-9750H (-MT MCP-) speed/min/max: 1288/800/4500 MHz Kernel: 5.6.10-3-MANJARO x86_64
Mem: 15860.2 MiB

Sounds like you should use an OS supported by your Enterprise and use their technical support routes.

This forum is not here to support your workplace activities - unless whoever answers your question can send you a bill?

Fist of all, thanks for the answer but it was not helpful, as you can see i did the rebuild and after that i got the error which was the origin of my question. This error do not appear on google searches. So i asked here or this is not the place to???.
Maybe I am in my enterprise machine but what if I on my PC, Wont get a clarification, the source of the problems??
Sorry if i misunderstood your intention, but again Thanks a bad answer is always better that none.

TrueConf is a commercial paid solution. It is impossible for anyone on this forum to troubleshoot. TrueConf probably have some venue of support and since it is a commercial application - it is the way to go.

Perhaps there is a snap or flatpak package you can use instead of AUR.

1 Like

Rebuilding won't help because it is a binary package provided by trueconf.

The issue is that the package is built against on older version of icu. Either they need to update their software or the AUR package is pointed at an old version.

EDIT: I checked, that is the latest version.

In summary, trueconf needs to update their arch package.

2 Likes

The post I linked to includes this eventuality:

There is no way to fix a broken third-party binary package.

As a side note, it is nice to see commercial software which supports so many Linux distros.

I just reported to them and yes "it is nice to see commercial software which supports so many Linux distros." As there is no way to get the job done i think is time to close the thread. Thanks every one for your replies and don't forget to #StayAtHome

1 Like

Forum kindly sponsored by