Unable to disble autologin

Hi everyone
I am unable to disable autologin on startup.
I, with sudo, commented the line autologin-user=username in the /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf file as written here https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LightDM#Enabling_autologin in ArchWiki
Then I removed my user from autologin group with sudo gpasswd -d simone autologin.
I tried this many times, but each time, on startup, the account logs automatically and if I check I see from "Users and Groups" application that my user account still is in the "autologin" group just as if I didn't anything before.
I also tried to remove the user from the autologin group directly from the "Users and Group" application but nothing changed.

In your forum profile you mention Gnome as DE, are you sure you are using LightDM and not GDM?
Edit: Oh, I see the tag is #cinnamon.

2 Likes

In Manjaro KDE the gid is set to 1001 for autologin instead of the usual 1000. Perhaps you need to change the guid back to the standard 1000. Maybe 1001 is associated with autologin. Just a stab in the dark, but maybe it's interrelated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by