Unable to downgrade package

Hey all,

So I've got a bit of a niche problem. I play Quake III CPMA using cnq3, and it has a Linux version that for the most part works out of the box. I set it up on my new Manjaro installation, set a keybind for switching a window's monitor since it defaulted to my secondary monitor for whatever reason, played a few duels, and the game's sound stopped working completely. Restart of the game and system both failed to remedy the issue, and what another Linux player suggested was downgrading SDL from 2.0.12-1 (my version) to 2.0.10 (his version), since his installation is stable.

So I installed downgrade to do this, and got the expected error since I'm on stable.

I need to set DOWNGRADE_FROM_ALA=1

I did this in downgrade within /usr/bin, and it's still giving me the error. Did I go about this the wrong way? The wiki doesn't specify where this variable is located, I found a forum post that directed me to /usr/bin but I'm clearly doing something wrong since I still can't downgrade.

:

Variables can be defined for each command we run. In the sudoedit example that means we can manually tell it to use our choice of editor by doing something like this:
SUDO_EDITOR=nano sudoedit /path/to/file

In this case, I wouldn't set it globally just use it in your command.

DOWNGRADE_FROM_ALA=1 downgrade sdl

Thanks for the further reading cscs, the Arch wiki left me a bit confused and that helped me better understand what was going on.

And that did the trick, dalto. I successfully downgraded but it did not restore sound. Off to try something else. Thanks for the help guys.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by