Unable to install Linux Manjaro.

I am new to the whole Linux community and I don't know much of it. I tried salvaging a laptop I found by installing Manjaro. I don't know what exactly to do after it failed to install. Here's a screenshot. I forgot to copy the text before turning it off. Pardon me for that.
ed

Results of web search

[forum.manjaro.org/t/grub-bootloader-failed/43283GRUB Bootloader Failed - Newbie Corner - Manjaro Linux Forum

forum. manjaro .org/t/grub-bootloader- failed /43283
](GRUB Bootloader Failed)

yes previously i was install. actually i want to install postgresql on my pc so i install manjaro kde after install i want to install pgsql but i won’t able to properly install on manjaro kde then i install ubuntu but interface was so ugly and not support my sony hardware driver. then i install manjaro gnome -its a really great linux distribution.

[wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=UEFI_-_Install_GuideUEFI - Install Guide - Manjaro Linux

wiki. manjaro .org/index.php?title=UEFI_-Install_Guide
](https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=UEFI
-_Install_Guide)

To use the Graphical Installer select the Install Manjaro option from the Manjaro Welcome screen or from the desktop.. For the ESP ( EFI system partition) which will store the EFI Grub binary, a 512mb partition of type fat32 can be created in the partitioning step, and mounted to /boot/ efi . If you are dual booting then an EFI partition from a previous install can also be used.

[forum.manjaro.org/t/problems-installing-manjaro-on-uefi/173Problems Installing Manjaro on UEFI - Installation ...

forum. manjaro .org/t/problems-installing- manjaro -on-uefi/173
](Problems Installing Manjaro on UEFI)

I want to really badly go over to Manjaro but i keep up the install. Iwe used possibly every other distro but Manjaro is the one i want to have. But my rig really hates it. Just to put it in perspective iwe used over 20h just to INSTALL IT. AND I FAILED . If anyone is botherd to tell me how to Dual boot when Grub2 doesnt install on the UEFI BIOS i have would be lovely. Iwe tried launching it ...

[forum.manjaro.org/t/boot-failure-error-rufus-iso-use-mode-dd-on-select/61438Boot failure - error Rufus iso - Manjaro Linux Forum

forum. manjaro .org/t/boot-failure-error-rufus-iso-use-mode-dd-on-select/61438
](Boot failure - error Rufus iso -- use mode DD on select!)

Dear All, I am going to try to Linux for the first time. I downloaded Manjaro XFCE stable edition. When I booted the usb pendrive to install I faced with the following error: “starting version 239 [ 3.638204] ACPI Err…

[wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=GRUB/Restore_the_GRUB_BootloaderGRUB/Restore the GRUB Bootloader - Manjaro Linux

wiki. manjaro .org/index.php?title=GRUB/Restore_the_GRUB_Bootloader
](https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=GRUB/Restore_the_GRUB_Bootloader)

Overview. In order to boot Manjaro , a Linux-capable boot loader such as GRUB, rEFInd or Syslinux needs to be installed to the Master Boot Record (MBR) or the GUID Partition Table (GPT) of the media containing the Operating System.

[forum.manjaro.org/t/uefi-boot-failed/91163UEFI boot failed - Installation - Manjaro Linux Forum

forum. manjaro .org/t/uefi-boot- failed /91163
](UEFI boot failed)

I just did some experiments on my Manjaro and find the bootx64. efi doesn't really boot the OS.I tried to remove the origin rEFInd directory under /boot/ efi / EFI / and it failed to boot again. I dont know what exactly bootx64. efi does. Maybe it just remind the Bios that "Hey there is an OS under this disk"?

[forum.manjaro.org/t/installation-failed-error-in-job-bootloader/6046Installation failed : error in job ... - Manjaro Linux Forum

forum. manjaro .org/t/installation- failed -error-in-job-bootloader/6046
](Installation failed: error in job bootloader)

Hi, I tried installing Manjaro Cinnamon 16.06.1 from its ISO image (sha1sum 0fb9327cc5ff23d9d01b7dcf1975e00bccfa3d36) in an Acer Aspire ES1-111M laptop. I used the ...

[forum.manjaro.org/t/detecting-efi-files-and-booting-them-from-grub/38083Detecting efi files and booting them from grub - Tutorials ...

forum. manjaro .org/t/detecting- efi -files-and-booting-them-from-grub/38083
](Detecting efi files and booting them from grub)

The entry directly booting Manjaro ’s 4.14 kernel and initrd img worked fine, meaning my Manjaro install didn’t die after all, but the other menu entry that attempts to chainload into Manjaro ’s grub didn’t work when I pointed it to the root partition. That’s understandable since Manjaro ’s grub is in the ESP.

[forum.manjaro.org/t/howto-dual-boot-manjaro-windows-10-step-by-step/52668[HowTo] Dual-boot Manjaro - Windows 10 - Step by Step ...

forum. manjaro .org/t/howto-dual-boot- manjaro -windows-10-step-by-step/52668
]([HowTo] Dual-boot Manjaro - Windows 10 - Step by Step)

Dual boot - Step by Step. The tutorial originated from the issue Dual Boot Win 10 EFI and has evolved with detailed instructions to prepare your Windows installation to co-exist with Manjaro .. Target systems UEFI. Computers with preinstalled Windows (Windows 10) is computers using UEFI firmware.

[wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=BIOS_and_UEFIBIOS and UEFI - Manjaro Linux

wiki. manjaro .org/index.php?title=BIOS_and_UEFI
](https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=BIOS_and_UEFI)

Basic Input / Output System (BIOS) The GRUB is used to manage and boot up linux operating systems on computers that use the BIOS system. These are typically older computers or those that did not come with Windows 8 pre-installed. It is worthwhile noting that the UEFI can be disabled on many systems to run using the BIOS instead; this is known as running in Legacy Mode.

[ Manjaro : Boot Pyton-Fehler in Job bootloader / Failed to ...

computerbase.de/forum/threads/ manjaro -boot-pyton-fehler-in-job-bootloader...
](https://www.computerbase.de/forum/threads/manjaro-boot-pyton-fehler-in-job-bootloader-failed-to-mount-boot-efi.1688515/)

Hallo, Ich sitze nun fast vier Tage daran, Manjaro zum installieren zu bringen,aber es will nicht,weil kurz vor ende des Installationsprozess die Fehlermeldung erscheint, "Alles fertig" und ...

[wiki.manjaro.orgMain page - Manjaro Linux

wiki. manjaro .org
](https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Main_Page)

How to enable virtualisation, run Manjaro on Windows 8 systems, and more! Display Managers / Login Screens Install, configure, or even bypass MDM, GDM, SDDM, LXDM, and SLiM.

[classicforum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=5268.15 Manjaro UEFI - Install Guide

classicforum. manjaro .org/index.php?topic=5268.15
](https://classicarchived.forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=5268.15)

If you've installed Manjaro through the CLI installer, and grub was installed correctly, reboot and change your motherboard's boot settings through the UEFI Boot tab, make sure your Manjaro install is set as the first boot drive, grub is only installed on Manjaro , so if you went with a separate hard drive for each OS make sure that the hard drive with Manjaro is the first to boot, other wise ...

[forum.manjaro.org/t/uefi-boot-failed/91163?page=2UEFI boot failed - Installation - Manjaro Linux Forum

forum. manjaro .org/t/uefi-boot- failed /91163?page=2
](UEFI boot failed)

But I think it's OK to remove /boot/ efi ? I have tried to remove all files under /boot/ efi , and yes, it failed to boot again. Then I use LiveCD to mount the /dev/sda, chroot into manjaro . Using the command given by you and it booted successfully.

welcome-01-sgs :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You have created an efi installation on a bios system.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by