ungoogled-chromium in AUR lacks libicui18n.so.65

You don't understand that you will not be able to count all the forks in linux - so what is your problem?
A problem of trust ? - Read PKGBUILD !

And I never talked about having it in our repos.

I'd like to read PKGBUILD, but Google is blocked by the goverment, so I'd like to use trustable binaries, like ungoogled-chromium-bin, jstkddng recenctly build it using openSUSE's obs (not sure what it is, like openSUSE's official auto building system), so I choose to trust him, but the bin is for archlinux and lacks icu65 in Manjaro. Even Google is not blocked in my country, I still prefer trustable bins.

...with today's testing update you will be able to install the diverse chromium forks with version 78.0.3904.108-1. On stable you are still one version behind.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ungoogled-chromium-bin already at version 78.0.3904.108-3,
it updates aggressively, Manjaro may never catch up. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

...again , if you trust him, use his private repo that is still on 78.0.3904.108-1. If you want only use AUR, keep the build packages installed, so you are able to downgrade while next updates. This might not be useful for today but for the future updates.

I can confirm this for kernel Linux 4.19.85-1 on stable branch. I used git clone and makepkg to install it from AUR. Took more than 5 hours for the build process on my system. Several warnings during compilation but the program works so far.

How much disk space totally (including src)?

The build folder of ungoogled-chromium (which could be deleted as far as I know) comprising pkg, src and hidden git folder and the PKGBUILD, the tar and two hidden files has a total size of 6.6 GiB, now.

1. The PKGBUILD and all the tar files together take 760 MiB.
  2. The pkg folder has a size of 186 MiB.
  3. The src folder has a size of 5.7 GiB.
1 Like

The requirement in the official site is 100GB

System requirements

• 64-bit Intel machine with at least 8GB of RAM. More than 16GB is highly recommended.
  • At least 100GB of free disk space.
  • You must have Git and Python v2 installed already.

I've also searched for that on web, about 50GB in practice.

I know for a fact that isnt true considering I just built it the other day on something with less than 20gb space...
@Wollie seems to report a more reasonable number, though I cant verify at the moment.

OK, I think the offical system requirement is considering debug version.

I had approx. 40 GiB free disk space available when I started the PKGBUILD, I agree with @cscs that less than 20 GiB should be sufficient, most likely. I have to say that I also have an 8 GiB swap partition.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by