As an experiment I created a Manjaro Discord server.
The idea was to have an alternative to IRC support and since I noticed a lot of people have been having trouble installing the
libc++ packages, I figured a lot of people might be using Discord for other stuff as well.
This is not something the Manjaro Team has given a "thumbs up" or anything.
But I have been using Discord for a while now (for gaming related stuff), but it can be used as a general communication platform.
Some disclaimers though:
- Discord is NOT open source.
- Discord does not use end-to-end encryption.
- The Linux client is an electron app.
- Discord is meant for gamers, so there are some gaming terms in it.
But it also has some Pro's compared to other forms of communication:
- The mobile app is great.
- Ability to talk someone through a problem via voice chat.
- Clients available on Linux, Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android + the webapp itself.
- Easy to moderate and set up.