[Unstable Update] 2020-05-15 - Kernels, Cinnamon 4.6, Toolchain, PHP, AMDVLK, Pamac, Browsers

Looks like jfx needs another hand for the latest batch of java updates...

installing jre-openjdk (14.0.1.u7-1) breaks dependency 'java-runtime-openjdk=13' required by java-openjfx

@philm
w.g. sudo 1.9.0-1

[ALPM] warning: directory permissions differ on /etc/sudoers.d/
filesystem: 755 package: 750

qt5-styleplugins was demoted to the aur but still required by manjaro-xfce-settings?

With the latest unstable update of 2020-06-03 I can`t login. Somebody knows where the problem is?

With your user only or you can't login as root? Chmod the correct permissions for it and try again.

I have no problems logging in, but there are some oddities with Qt apps, for instance, Dolphin's menu invoked by a panel button appears on another screen (monitor). Also fonts got slightly bigger.

I use sddm as login manager, it don't appears.

I use XFCE and I'm getting segmentation faults for all my QT5 apps after the recent qt5 update.

UPDATE: I rebuilt qt5-styleplugins from the AUR and now all QT5 apps work fine. Looks like this might be already fixed in the repos.

1 Like

Begin with pressing Esc and observing latest tty messages, if possible.

Pressing Esc didn't work. I enter in another tty session. And enter a startx.

sddm uses qt5, so is the same problem:

If I recompile qt5-styleplugins pamac uninstall manjaro-xfce-settings.

I haven't had any problems with recent updates...but I did notice this got promoted to the community repo several days ago. I was going to remove it but I just waited instead.

1 Like

Since update of 2020-06-03 login with Plasma-wayland [KWinFT / Wrapland] didn't work anymore for me.
Classic plasma no problem.

I backup to 2020-06-02

Upgraded again but not the packages related to qt5

I think is solved,

Jun 05 11:46:20  kernel: vboxdrv: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.
Jun 05 11:46:20  kernel: VBoxNetAdp: Successfully started.
Jun 05 11:46:20  kernel: VBoxNetFlt: Successfully started.
Jun 05 11:46:20  kernel: nvidia: module license 'NVIDIA' taints kernel.
Jun 05 11:46:20  kernel: Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint
Jun 05 11:46:20  kernel: NVRM: loading NVIDIA UNIX x86_64 Kernel Module  440.82  Wed Apr  1 20:04:33 UTC 2020

After the latest update, I'm getting a small hang on boot and a long one if I attempt a restart through tty2.

I'm back to qt5ct and used this on /etc/environment in my Xfce with some KDE apps, and is working:
QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=qt5ct
QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0
QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=Breeze

With 5th of june update still no login with plasma Wayland [KWinFT / Wrapland].
Classic plasma works.

QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS=1.00
instead of
QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0
better for fractional scaling?
Please comment:

Forum kindly sponsored by