upgrade fail with invalid or corrupt package

First I am a beginner when it comes to Linux so please bear with me.

I am running Manjaro Juhraya 18.1.3 and Linux 4.19.88-1 and I used pamac to try and update the system but it failed with invalid or corrupt package, here is the output

Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Warning: fontconfig: local (2:2.13.1+12+g5f5ec56-2) is newer than extra (2:2.13.1+12+g5f5ec56-1)
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...
Warning: dependency cycle detected:
Warning: bashrc-manjaro will be installed before its bash dependency

Checking keyring...
Checking integrity...
Failed to commit transaction:
invalid or corrupted package:

The package has been downloaded but given the error I was assuming it would be downloaded again if I tried the upgrade again but it is not. I am stuck with the pamac trying to upgrade with the same corrupt package if I try and do the upgrade again. Any ideas?
Thanks

clear the local cache 'sudo pacman -Sc'
update the mirrorlist and choose the fastest connections 'sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack '
and try it again 'sudo pacman -Syyu'

3 Likes

Before clearing your cache, run:

sudo find /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ -iname "*.part" -exec rm {} \;

To remove possible partially downloaded packages.

Then do as @ollisaid above:
sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack
sudo pacman -Syyu

If that doesn't help clean the cache.

2 Likes

@Olli Thanks it worked and all is fine again.

@Marte I just finished doing it as Olli said before I saw your post so the cache got cleared. Thanks anyway, I will make a note of what you suggested.

1 Like

I'm also a beginner, and I had the same problem.

Thanks to @olli and @Marte for their advice, it worked for me!

Jerry

1 Like

Thanks @Marte and @olli ! I was having problems with the upgrade stalling and downloads stopped (using Package Manager). The steps you provided for updating the mirrorlist and removing partial packages solved this, and as a noobie I learned some new things in the process. My first major Manjaro upgrade then went well.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by