Veracrypt - (Auto) Dismount on computer shutdown/restart. Anybody out there to assist?

I am seeking assistance with how to have mounted Veracrypt volumes to be auto-dismounted on computer shutdown and restart. As it is now I have to manually dismount, which I often forget, and then there are (red) error messages displayed during the shutdown and restart process. I have so far been unable to find any guidance on this matter, so I am grateful for any assistance, thanks!

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.70.0
Qt Version: 5.14.2
Kernel Version: 5.6.15-1-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz
Memory: 31,2 GiB of RAM

Veracrypt v1.24-Update4

Use sudoers hack

My problem is not related to the sudo issue, i have adapted this: Arch .

https://sourceforge.net/p/veracrypt/discussion/technical/thread/d4cf490a/

Thanks, but that gives no help with a solution. It's just similar to my request. :frowning_face:

Hard way is create a systemd unit task worker for do this BEFORE shutdown, reboot etc.

I don't know how to do this. Don't know anything about systemd unit?

There is a whole thread in the #technical-issues-and-assistance:tutorials section, a before shoutdown service is mentioned here:

Thanks, I will take a look. :relaxed:

Just FYI, that is a user service. To mount and unmount drives you you will need to create a system service. User services can not execute commands that require root permissions, but system services can.

1 Like

ok, thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by